Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Civil too at Warwick and I'm kinda same situation as you OP. My offer is BBB and might end up with ABC/ABD

ReputationRep:
    ABC is ok, Just make sure you have a good personal statement. They do look at that quite a bit. So yeah. My interview was ok too. I went in with jeans and a tshirt, and i got in. So its ok mate dont worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amishb)
    ABC is ok, Just make sure you have a good personal statement. They do look at that quite a bit. So yeah. My interview was ok too. I went in with jeans and a tshirt, and i got in. So its ok mate dont worry about it.
    Yer i went in with jeans and a shirt. My interviewer liked me a lot. He even told me at the end of the interview that he would reccomend me
    I just hope i get in as Warwick is a top uni !

ReputationRep:
    Nice one man. Warwick was the best decision of my life. Where you staying? Rootes?

ReputationRep:
    Nice one man. Warwick was the best decision of my life. Where you staying? Rootes?
    Nah, I like parties and that but waking up 3am everyday due to the fire alarm going off puts me off.
    I picked 1) benefactors 2) whitefields 3) i forgot lol.

Wat you think of those choices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kasdi6900)
    Nah, I like parties and that but waking up 3am everyday due to the fire alarm going off puts me off.
    I picked 1) benefactors 2) whitefields 3) i forgot lol.

Wat you think of those choices?
    what the fruck.

why would you choose them as your first choices, chances are you'll actually get them!

ReputationRep:
    Haha if you dont mind me saying. Bad choises. Rootes is the way to go honestly. You dont get woken up much at the night for firealarms, maycbe in the first term but it dies down. Hell ive slept through them a few times. Rootes is all about socalising which is amazing. Hmm

Benefactors You''ll have to share your room with another person. Hmm. Each to their own i guess :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kasdi6900)
    Yer i went in with jeans and a shirt. My interviewer liked me a lot. He even told me at the end of the interview that he would reccomend me
    I just hope i get in as Warwick is a top uni !
    How strange! The day I came there wasnt any serious interview at all, just touring around the uni and that was all, the offer letter had even come weeks before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tranhieu)
    How strange! The day I came there wasnt any serious interview at all, just touring around the uni and that was all, the offer letter had even come weeks before
    It wasnt really a serious interviewer but there was someone who was asking you normal typical questions that you are asked in an interview. It was more like a 1 on 1 conversation if anything.

I see about the choices i have made, It;s ok though because im a very sociable person and if i do end up going Warwick, im sure i'll make friends who live in other campuses to

ReputationRep:
    can anyone say how competitive Physics is? I'm offered AAB and I'm a little worried could end with AAC. They going to be strict?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah borderline cases will obviously depend on the residual demand for the course and how well the offer holders did in their exams.
    At the end of the day there are only so many places on each course. So there will only be residual places if the offer holders fail (or succeed if Warwick was their reserve) on average.

If there are residual places then you are up against everyone else who missed their offer as well as others clearing into the Warwick course from elsewhere (tho obv Clearing is likely to be extremely limited on popular courses.

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Same as maths. Need pretty much AAA and a Step paper or AAAA i think.
    My offer is AABa and 2 in STEP (includes further maths).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah pretty standard request from the Uni. Dont worry just work hard and you'll do good.

~Amish

ReputationRep:
    is sociology strict??

ReputationRep:
    Last year I needed to get ABB but I got BBBC and they took me still.

ReputationRep:
    They are fairly slack on Law, but take you for a good ride.

I got 34 points in IB, their offer was 36. It took them 2 months to decide on my application. Finally let me in.

ReputationRep:
    Just found out today that Warwick accepted me for General Engineering, my offer was (IB btw) 36 points, 6 Math HL, 6 Physics Hl and 5 English HL. Got 37 points, 5 Math, 6 Physics, and 5 in English. So only just missed the offer, so had to wait an entire month to find out! Called today and I'm in. I remember getting a letter saying that "within limits of missing your offer chances of obtaining a place remain high..." or something like that! anyways im REALLY relieved and hope everyone else is getting good news! :woo: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. Im a wee bit excited so I'll post everywhere. I missed my conditions but Warwick still decided to keep me. Does that mean that Warwick still guarantees me the accommodation I applied for, or will they ask me to find a place off campus.I am an international student. And any idea when they'll tell us all this. I emailed the university with the query so I hope they reply now but yaaay I got in! =D

ReputationRep:
    whats the chances warwick will take me since iv missed my offer by 1 point for maths and econ doing the IB, im so worried. thanks for ur help in advance

ReputationRep:
    how strict are warwick for politics? thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.