Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is "a life"? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Seriously this isn't just because It's like nearly 5am and I'm really tired but for some reason don't want to sleep and I have barely slept in the last two days and had to go to work and so are kind of going funny and hyper.

You know when people will say to someone " get a life" or "you got no life" or things like that.

Well what does "a life" even mean. Because everyone is alive and so everyone is leading their own life. Is it that you need "a life" if what you do isn't varied enough?

I DON'T KNOW!

ReputationRep:
    "Do something more interesting with your time" - get a life.
    "You've got nothing better to do with your time" - you have no life.

Getting a life involves bringing more "fun", "interesting" and "less pathetic" activities into your life.
    I think this is the general feeling? Never really thought about it before though. =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazmine)
    "Do something more interesting with your time" - get a life.
    "You've got nothing better to do with your time" - you have no life.

Getting a life involves bringing more "fun", "interesting" and "less pathetic" activities into your life.
    I think this is the general feeling? Never really thought about it before though. =)
    but what if the thing you find interesting other people don't(well most of them).

I can't remember now but this guy wrote this HUGE guide to like a game or a program, I can't remember. Anyway people were like "omg get a life!..but thanks for the guide".

If it don't hurt you or anyone else then just chill!

ReputationRep:
    Generally it implies more social interaction.

TSR at ten minutes to five in the morning doesn't quite meet that requirement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AirRaven)

Dude, I'm totally going out with my friends in a few hours... I'm hardly going to be awake to ackonwedge them or do much, but I'll be there!

I suppose you're right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AirRaven)

SNAP! But then again for some stupid reason my friends are sleeping, SO actually this is the only social interaction with my peers which is available!

Sleep is...dumb.

ALSO my friend is in the next room so I could always go and say "want a cuppa luv?" in a strong british accent!

Oh btw does alcohol make you sleepy? It's like I don't want to sleep, but maybe if I finish my bottle of schnapps I will.

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha, yes! Good point, actually. More social interaction. I think that, it's up to you what you think is "a life" or not.
    But generally, there are agreed or recognised situations which would be seen as indicating that a person has "no life".

But, I haven't seen this phrase used since early high school days really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazmine)
    Ha ha, yes! Good point, actually. More social interaction. I think that, it's up to you what you think is "a life" or not.
    But generally, there are agreed or recognised situations which would be seen as indicating that a person has "no life".

But, I haven't seen this phrase used since early high school days really.
    Jazmine i was gonna PM you but I'll ask now.

Are you like chinese/japanese, or got some Jewish descendants or a mix or what?

You look kinda east asian but...not enough, like you have something else in there .

ReputationRep:
    Heh. Earlier today, I think I said on another thread that I am called every Asian race in the WORLD!
    I am 100% not Asian/Oriental. But I am mixed-raced, yeah. I'm every race in the world mixed together. I am your future.

OK, a lie at the end there. However, the amount of races put before me as possibilities for my race makes me feel so.

Why the interest, may I ask?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.