Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much does missing a night of sleep affect you? Watch

Something I've not really done in years. Generally, even if I've been at a club all night, I'll still sleep when I get home in the morning or at lunch. So I've no idea how much it will affect me not sleeping :awesome: But tonight I just couldn't sleep, and I will need the energy to be awake until at least 2am tonight/tomorrow & have sex.

Is this possible if I chug coffee, energy drinks and pro plus?

ReputationRep:
    A lot.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I managed 5 days without sleep once (simply due to not feeling tired) and it had no effect. Now, if I have a bad night's sleep, my heart is racing all day and I generally feel very ill.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think doing it now and again will hurt you, but it makes me feel friggin awful. I get really jumpy, start seeing things in the corner of my eyes lol, makes my skin go bad, makes my head whirl. It's not nice.

I don't mind being a little tired or anything. The only thing that concerns me is I need an erection tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't mind being a little tired or anything. The only thing that concerns me is I need an erection tonight.
    Ooohhh. it's definately a bad idea. You should erm... be able to errr... fly the flag, so to speak. But in past experience if i'm really tired I can't.... er...climax. But will have a raging hard on.

ReputationRep:
    turns you into a zombie

Missing a days sleep is really not good for me but not as bad as I thought. The other week I got up at 6am on the Friday then spent Friday night at an airport not sleeping because the floors are horrible and then not going to bed until the Saturday night on holiday. Started to feel really ill at points on the Saturday but managed to keep going, however I wasn't really able to cope with staying up late for a good few days after.

ReputationRep:
    im wierd i can go a night without sleep and the next day be fine, its the day after where im no good for anything

ReputationRep:
    When I was doing a driving course, I was told that going 24 hours w/out sleep is equivalent to being twice over the legal limit for alcohol. Scary stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Personally, I managed 5 days without sleep once (simply due to not feeling tired) and it had no effect. Now, if I have a bad night's sleep, my heart is racing all day and I generally feel very ill.
    I highly doubt you didnt sleep for nearly a week because you wasnt tired

ReputationRep:
    I can't do it. Whenever I'm up all night the next day is written off because I'm grumpy and semi-conscious.

OP, I suggest you try to have a nap, but not for more than an hour or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    I highly doubt you didnt sleep for nearly a week because you wasnt tired
    That's nice to know :p:

ReputationRep:
    I miss on average three nights of sleep/week at the mo due to my job. When I miss sleep I feel unpleasantly hot, so if I have to stay awake for more than 24 hours (ish) I have to have cold drinks/cool shower etc. to cool down a bit.

Other than that, doesn't affect me much. Which will be a godsend given what I'll be doing for a living in a few years :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If I've been drinking, as well as taking all sorts on top of that- I'm fine. Otherwise, I GO nuts.

ReputationRep:
    I get very very very very moody, no matter what i try, unless i have a nap, nothing helps :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    With a decent supply of alcohol, i can go a whole weekend without much sleep.

ReputationRep:
    i used to be so good, and able to stay awake for days, no problem. now if i'm awake for more than 3 hours i'm dozing and dribbling all over the place.
    you'll get proper shakey on proplus and caffiene. E is more efficient i guess... but...

ReputationRep:
    A lot. I'm still recovering from not sleeping from Friday to Saturday

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.