Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so the boyfriend always moans that he cant wear his shorts out in public because he hasnt got any shoes that look good with shorts....... he's really tall and big feet so this is his excuse as to not wear trainers (he thinks he looks like a clown or something)

as its his birthday coming up i thought i might get him some shoes/flipflops/sandles or whatever that he can wear in the summer..... this is where you lot come in!!!! being a totally clueless girl i have no idea what is acceptable or fashionable in the world of men!!!

any ideas??? id like something on the high street rather than online (so i can go have a look at them) no more that around £30 (as ive got him other stuff aswell).

he bought a pair of cheap plasticy type flipflops last year but didnt like them as they looked cheap and uncomfortable.... can anyone help???............. he's size 12 if that makes a difference!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    converse? :dontknow: that's what most guys here wear with their shorts!

ReputationRep:
    http://oakley.com/catalog/products/o-strap

Comfiest flip-flop ever!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm depends on the shorts but maybe:
    Basic rubbery flip flops
    Leather flip flops like they do in Abercrombie
    Plimsolls might look alright

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    http://oakley.com/catalog/products/o-strap

Comfiest flip-flop ever!
    Yes, something like this or if it is more casual then any sort of flip-flop really.

btw, Renal, i've been looking for a new pair for ages - they look good so thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redefined)
    Yes, something like this or if it is more casual then any sort of flip-flop really.

btw, Renal, i've been looking for a new pair for ages - they look good so thanks
    I picked mine up from an Oakley's shop but they were only £20.

ReputationRep:
    dont think hes the sort of plimsoll/converse sort of person!

there sort of surfer shorts that he wears.

i like the oakley ones thank you renal. looking around i like a couple of next ones:

http://www.next.co.uk/viewLinkedItem...6-670-X44s.jpg

http://www.next.co.uk/viewLinkedItem...9-030-X44s.jpg

but am i little unsure whether there a bit "dad" like!!!!

ReputationRep:
    They are far from dad like, really nice.

ReputationRep:
    do we like these?

http://www.twoseasons.co.uk/mall/pro...ad%2008%20Ss09

ReputationRep:
    We might, but I surely don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candy x)
    do we like these?

http://www.twoseasons.co.uk/mall/pro...ad%2008%20Ss09
    Personally, no. Plus, I think they look cheap and not all that comfy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redefined)
    We might, but I surely don't.
    no? fair enough!!

i think i still prefere the first (paler) next pair!

thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candy x)
    so the boyfriend always moans that he cant wear his shorts out in public because he hasnt got any shoes that look good with shorts....... he's really tall and big feet so this is his excuse as to not wear trainers (he thinks he looks like a clown or something)

as its his birthday coming up i thought i might get him some shoes/flipflops/sandles or whatever that he can wear in the summer..... this is where you lot come in!!!! being a totally clueless girl i have no idea what is acceptable or fashionable in the world of men!!!

any ideas??? id like something on the high street rather than online (so i can go have a look at them) no more that around £30 (as ive got him other stuff aswell).

he bought a pair of cheap plasticy type flipflops last year but didnt like them as they looked cheap and uncomfortable.... can anyone help???............. he's size 12 if that makes a difference!
    crocs?

ReputationRep:
    Any pump type shoes im sure would go well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilkybar)
    crocs?
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopykitten!)
    Any pump type shoes im sure would go well.
    On the OP's boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    Pumps/plimsolls go well with shorts, even though you said he doesn't really wear them...

I think I must be the only person who doesn't like guys in flip flops if they're not at the beach :p:

ReputationRep:
    Birkenstocks? Or other leather type sandles/flip flops?

ReputationRep:
    I wear flip flops almost every day with shorts/three-quarters, just don't let him wear socks with them or trainers... A group of tourists the other week in their mid-20s were walking around with almost knee high white socks and sandals... Looked like utter prats... Then they jumped in the sea wearing the socks!

ReputationRep:
    With my shorts I wear either old black flip flops or skates with socks pulled down quite low. I ride dirt jumps and the pedals on my bike eat chunks out of your shins or calves if your feet slip off so I have to wear skates if I'm going riding as they're the only thing that'll stick properly to them :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.