Turn on thread page Beta

Last night I went out with a couple of friends and me and this guy that I met recently met went back to his. I was drunk. We didn't do anything... but I lay on his lap and he stroked my hair and we flirted and then we went to bed in separate rooms because it was too late for me to go home. I know this guy has feelings for me. I feel like I have cheated on my bf... because I know that if he found out he would completely flip. We have been going out for almost 1.5 years and I love him so much and I just don't know how this happened!! I guess I just want to know if I have cheated. There is no chance I can tell my bf I did this. I feel like I cheated on my bf emotionally because I was tempted to do something with this guy but resisted.

ReputationRep:
    If you feel like you've cheated then you've cheated.

If you don't have feelings for this guy, then tell your boyfriend what happened and apologise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Legacy 1)
    This really.

The fact that your even questionning what you did suggests you know it was wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Last night I went out with a couple of friends and me and this guy that I met recently met went back to his. I was drunk. We didn't do anything... but I lay on his lap and he stroked my hair and we flirted and then we went to bed in separate rooms because it was too late for me to go home. I know this guy has feelings for me. I feel like I have cheated on my bf... because I know that if he found out he would completely flip. We have been going out for almost 1.5 years and I love him so much and I just don't know how this happened!! I guess I just want to know if I have cheated. There is no chance I can tell my bf I did this. I feel like I cheated on my bf emotionally because I was tempted to do something with this guy but resisted.
    Depends on your definition of cheating. If your boyfriend did this to you, would you consider it cheating?

ReputationRep:

If you don't have feelings for this guy, then tell your boyfriend what happened and apologise.
    this is a good answer.

I can't tell him because he is going to flip out.

ReputationRep:
    How would he feel if he finds out from someone else?

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell him then, just learn your lesson from what happened and don't allow yourself to be in a similar situation again.

ReputationRep:
    If he invited a girl back to his house, and had her sat on his knee stroking her hair would you mind?

ReputationRep:

yeah, do this. I'm sure it will be fine, just tell him you were drunk, it wasn't anything, but that you felt you shoudl tell your bf anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Id say you cheated, even though you didnt end up jumping in bed with this guy you still betrayed the emotional connection of your boyfriend for who? Some random guy you know nearly nothing about. If your boyfriend would flip I really dont blame him, I would feel utterly betrayed and devastated if someone I had been going out with for 1.5 years went and cuddled up with someone else. It is possible to have just an 'emotionless' ****, its not possible to keep emotions out of cuddling.

Re-evaluate your relationship. If its not fair to string this guy along then tell him that, tell him about this and say you cant keep going on with it (but make sure you stress you arent dumping your current bf for this guy. Just cant cope with the fact you cheated).

(Original post by mipegg)
    Id say you cheated, even though you didnt end up jumping in bed with this guy you still betrayed the emotional connection of your boyfriend for who? Some random guy you know nearly nothing about. If your boyfriend would flip I really dont blame him, I would feel utterly betrayed and devastated if someone I had been going out with for 1.5 years went and cuddled up with someone else. It is possible to have just an 'emotionless' ****, its not possible to keep emotions out of cuddling.

Re-evaluate your relationship. If its not fair to string this guy along then tell him that, tell him about this and say you cant keep going on with it (but make sure you stress you arent dumping your current bf for this guy. Just cant cope with the fact you cheated).
    Thanks for your advice. I too don't feel like I should be stringing this guy along. I know that if I found out my bf had done something like this I would probably go nuts at him and feel totally destroyed. I just don't know what came over me or why I did it. I think I felt that I wanted some attention from someone else and was enjoying it... But I love my bf so much. What makes me feel even worse is that he sees me as his future wife... and I recently met his parents and everything... I can't tell him what I did because it would break him.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your advice. I too don't feel like I should be stringing this guy along. I know that if I found out my bf had done something like this I would probably go nuts at him and feel totally destroyed. I just don't know what came over me or why I did it. I think I felt that I wanted some attention from someone else and was enjoying it... But I love my bf so much. What makes me feel even worse is that he sees me as his future wife... and I recently met his parents and everything... I can't tell him what I did because it would break him.
    Then keep it to yourself and never let yourself get in this situation again. Ie, maybe go out with him and his group of friends or dont get drunk. Im not so sure its fair on him not to tell him but its your choice

ReputationRep:
    If he's anything like the guys I know, he'd probably dump you for what you did/being tempted by the other guy. Don't tell him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    If he's anything like the guys I know, he'd probably dump you for what you did/being tempted by the other guy. Don't tell him.
    How dare these guys expect commitment, honesty and mutual respect in a relationship?

It's not fair not to tell him. If he'd be upset enough to dump her then he needs to be told, to just ignore his emotions and feelings is selfish and disgusting.

Do you think she should string him along with no regard for how he'd feel about it? How do you think he'd feel at a later date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kexy)
    It's not fair not to tell him. If he'd be upset enough to dump her then he needs to be told, to just ignore his emotions and feelings is selfish and disgusting.

Do you think she should string him along with no regard for how he'd feel about it? How do you think he'd feel at a later date?
    You're just singling that comment out because I wrote it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    You're just singling that comment out because I wrote it.
    I'd single it out regardless. The fact it's my girlfriend holding those opinions is something else...

ReputationRep:
    WELL I dont think you have..

But you should tell poor bf. But you resisted doesnt that make you a good girlfriend?

Maybe your relationship with bf isnt as strong as it used to be?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.