Turn on thread page Beta

so, my boyfriend of a year cheated on me.
    he said hes sorry, that he still loves me, and all that stuff.
    but i decided i couldn't be with him after it so i ended with him, like a week and a half ago.
    i dont want to hurt anyone by using them as a rebound.
    but i feel like i need another boyfriend already.
    but its not like i cant cope without him or anyone else, because i coped before he came along, just fine.
    why do i feel like this?

ReputationRep:
    You feel like this because you need to know that you are still wanted, desired and that someone out there will replace that love and affection. It's normal. Don't sleep with other men though, you will just hurt yourself more. You did the right thing by ending it. Did he just kiss someone or did he have sex?

ReputationRep:
    It is quite normal to feel like this after coming out of a long term relationship.

Your life adapts to having someone else in it and then suddenly your find yourself without them and it can be quite unpleasent.

This is why some people rebound and start a new relationship soon after finishing the last. Generally though not always these relationships can struggle.

I would suggest that you go out and hang around with your friends and try and enjoy being single for a bit before finding someone new

(Original post by angel_with_horns)
    You feel like this because you need to know that you are still wanted, desired and that someone out there will replace that love and affection. It's normal. Don't sleep with other men though, you will just hurt yourself more. You did the right thing by ending it. Did he just kiss someone or did he have sex?
    I can see where your coming from, thanks for replying.
    They kissed and 'touched' eachother, but didn't have sex.
    but it's still wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    It is quite normal to feel like this after coming out of a long term relationship.

Your life adapts to having someone else in it and then suddenly your find yourself without them and it can be quite unpleasent.

This is why some people rebound and start a new relationship soon after finishing the last. Generally though not always these relationships can struggle.

I would suggest that you go out and hang around with your friends and try and enjoy being single for a bit before finding someone new

This, exactly. Well said.

(Original post by randdom)

Thanks for replying, yeah i guess i feel quite lonely at the moment.
    But as I said, I coped without him before, I'm sure if I keep fighting through i will be okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but i decided i couldn't be with him after it so i ended with him, like a week and a half ago.
    but its not like i cant cope without him or anyone else, because i coped before he came along, just fine.
    why do i feel like this?
    Trust me, don't do it... I went through the same thing and it's not worth it. You'll only end up feeling worse. I eventually (well a week later) moved away and have been single since... It's been nearly a year. I've had opportunities to get with other girls but I think the best thing to do is to stay single until you meet someone you really like... Of course it's easier to forget about the person who hurt you if you're with someone else, but in the long term it's not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you will be okay. At the end of the day you have your mind set straight. You know that a rebound would be bad and that you can cope without him. Now you just need to put words into action which is the harder part. Just remember what you just said though: "I coped without him before". Keep thinking and remembering this and fighting. You will be fine, it won't be smooth and painless though, keep your friends close.

I wish you the best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    But as I said, I coped without him before, I'm sure if I keep fighting through i will be okay?
    It is definitely just a case of going though it and readjusting

ReputationRep:
    why do i feel like this?
    Sorry, that's sounds really bad. :console:

You did the right thing getting rid of him. Once a cheater, always a cheater.
    Seriously though, don't get a rebound relationship, you'll hurt the guy more than you hurt yourself and breaking hearts is not cool.

Like other people said, enjoy being single for a while, it'll help you move on.

why do i feel like this?
    I feel similar OP. Email me [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    You don't always hurt rebounds.

ReputationRep:
    *hug*

What randdom said. It's perfectly natural and almost everyone goes through it after coming out a relationship, find something to distract you (spend more time with friends, a hobby, etc.) and it'll get better over time.

ReputationRep:
    Gutted.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.