Turn on thread page Beta

is it possible to have a phobia of drunkenness or drunk people? watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm sure you can have a phobia of literally anything, like chocolate buttons or microphones.

But I doubt you have a phobia of drunk people; you just don't like them.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah where im from most drunks are violent so its a natural response to be cautious. Better be safe than sorry!!!

ReputationRep:
    Drunk people are better when your one of them. When I'm drunk, I don't notice it. If sober, I would cross the road from a gang of drunks. Nothing wrong with being scared.

ReputationRep:
    Dipsophobia is a fear of drinking alcohol, but as said before I doubt you have a phobia of either of these you just don't like them, especially as you have been known (apparently) to drink a pint of cider on occassions.

ReputationRep:
    Are you scared of your friends, when they are drunk?

ReputationRep:
    If its possible to have a phobia of bananas and apples, then it's definitely possible to have a phobia of drunk people and drunkness.

ReputationRep:
    basically your a pum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbergqvist)
    just wondering because they literally scare me.
    What does the irrational fear of drunk people stop you doing?

Not going into Soho on a Friday night because it's full of drunk ***** is one thing, not going outside on a Tuesday morning in case you see someone who is drunk is irrational.

It also has to seriously affect your life - you never leave the house, you won;t go to anyone else's house, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe its Paranoia or fear of what the drunk person might do rather than an actual drunk person.

ReputationRep:
    i have never drank a pint of cider. the only alcohol i have drunk is either a sip of larger or beer. occasionally a glass of wine.
    Point being you have willingly drunk alcohol, thus I would quite safely be willing to say it isn't a phobia, just something you don't like and approach with considerable caution.

ReputationRep:
    yes. its more a fear of what the drunk people may do. and who said id drank a pint of cider?
    You told me before that you had had a drink, and I guess I remembered it incorrectly, thinking it was cider instead of lager. Shun =/

ReputationRep:
    oh yes. it was shandy. and it was a can. so half a pint i think.
    It was when you had gone to ur little folk sessions, and i'm pretty sure it was lager or cider, but ok

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't sound like a fear. Quite alright to dislike it though. Drunkenness can do **** things to people.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.