Pretty gruesome death :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I hope those goggles were worth it.

ReputationRep:
    that sucks

ReputationRep:
    Not all holidays go swimmingly people.

ReputationRep:
    Well he shouldn't have been able to open that.

Then again, he's 14; what possessed him to do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyjane_09)
    that sucks
    I just kinda imagined how horrible it had to be - all of a sudden a giant force just grabs you by the whole and you're totally helpless traveling through a tube system just waiting for this to end, and then it's a sudden crush with a giant fan/propeller, few seconds of excruciating pain and an ultimate blackout :shock:

*shivers*

ReputationRep:
    Heard about this earlier, truly tragic and a horrible way to go. My thoughts go to his family and friends.

(Original post by emilyjane_09)
    that sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    what possessed him to do it?
    He had his goggles down there. Probably had no idea about the force that lurks behind the grille

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    He had his goggles down there. Probably had no idea about the force that lurks behind the grille
    Well yeah I saw that he was trying to get his goggles but I mean, at 14 I would not think it a good idea to lift a grill at the bottom of a pool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    Well yeah I saw that he was trying to get his goggles but I mean, at 14 I would not think it a good idea to lift a grill at the bottom of a pool.
    On the other hand, what kind of pools have holes big enough for a 14-year old to fit in and a piping system that would allow a well-built human being to pass through? :confused:

I have a chlorine allergy, and so I can't enter most of the swimming pools and haven't been to one in ages, but I always presumed that those holes are the size of the bottom of the jar? It seems that it wouldn't have been as inappropriate as one might consider it to be at the first glance, then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    On the other hand, what kind of pools have holes big enough for a 14-year old to fit in and a piping system that would allow a well-built human being to pass through? :confused:

I have a chlorine allergy, and so I can't enter most of the swimming pools and haven't been to one in ages, but I always presumed that those holes are the size of the bottom of the jar? It seems that it wouldn't have been as inappropriate as one might consider it to be at the first glance, then :rolleyes:
    nope i saw a picture of the grill its like quite big could prob fit 2 people through it at once

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsabax)
    nope i saw a picture of the grill its like quite big could prob fit 2 people through it at once
    :lies:

ReputationRep:
    I've been trying to google up some images, but all it comes up with are some ******** pictures of hotels and grill-parties, lol

Oh well, gotta take your word for granted, then - but still it looks really unusual to me. R.I.P. to the boy anyway

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, but seriously... Why would you mess with something that you don't understand how it works? It's a really sad thing to happen and everything, but I thought the basic rule was that you don't touch if you don't know what it'll do.

ReputationRep:
    I just read that too... and yeah the grill is massive, it took three people to lift it up!

Terrible death, but after reading the second (or third) line of the report it just made me wonder how the boy would actually think it would be clever. I know that sounds harsh, but at 14 you should have enough sense to realise a massive drain could be dangerous if you open the grill...

But my god, the grill should not be that big. Or open-able without some kind of tools. RIP fella :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamieollie124)
    I just read that too... and yeah the grill is massive, it took three people to lift it up!
    TBH objects are easier to lift under water than in the air, but still - he shouldn't have been able to open it in the first place, yeah :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i aint going to Thailand now.

ReputationRep:
    tbh i think it was a tragedy but it was the guys own fault, what did he think was down there? some kinda underwater amusement world?

ReputationRep:
    God, my greatest fear as a child.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.