Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    I've been trying to google up some images, but all it comes up with are some ******** pictures of hotels and grill-parties, lol

Oh well, gotta take your word for granted, then - but still it looks really unusual to me. R.I.P. to the boy anyway
    From Sky News:

Spoiler:
    Show

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-..._Park_Accident

Surely there's no need for it to be that huge?

ReputationRep:
    That's a scary death. R.I.P to the boy, dayumm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    I just kinda imagined how horrible it had to be - all of a sudden a giant force just grabs you by the whole and you're totally helpless traveling through a tube system just waiting for this to end, and then it's a sudden crush with a giant fan/propeller, few seconds of excruciating pain and an ultimate blackout :shock:

*shivers*
    I know yeh, that's how I thought about it :woo:

Did remind me of a scene in Alien 3 though.

But it is definately a big **** off pumping system though.

ReputationRep:
    "Rhys panicked and jumped out of the pool and ran over to the lifeguard but he couldn't understand him.

"His stepbrother Kevin translated but the lifeguard told him he was lying because he said the vent was locked and so impossible for Nathan to have got through it.

"It was only when they got Jimmy, my ex-husband, that the lifeguard took them seriously but by then Nathan has been under the water a long time.

"He had been sucked into the pipe and when they open it in the pump room a lot of water and Nathan were there.

"Jimmy got him out and tried to give him mouth-to-mouth.

"Jimmy said as soon as he saw Nathan come out of that pipe he knew in his heart he was gone, he was just trapped for far too long.

"I just can't believe that the lifeguard did not act quicker. I'm numb now but anger will set in."

"We are all heartbroken."

who bloomin wrote this? the 8 year old? it sounds like something from the mirror!

terribly sad story... tho

ReputationRep:
    Ok, swimming pool drains are one phobia that have stayed with me throughout my 18 years... I didn't realise (having never stepped/gone near one) that they actually sucked water from beneath you, an especially not with that much force :eek: I just thought they were fairly still, untill the pump was put on when no one was in the pool. I'm even more freaked out now

ReputationRep:
    That is truly horrific. Just the thought of the happening to somebody I love makes me sick. Wow. Horrendous way to die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    From Sky News:

Spoiler:
    Show

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-..._Park_Accident

Surely there's no need for it to be that huge?
    you do no thats a reconstruction ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tzar_Chasm)
    God, my greatest fear as a child.
    Used to freak me out lol.

Surely if they were being safety conscious they would have the grill properly secured so that people can't lift it up without the pool being drained for maintenance.

A pool safety expert said on the news something like "we must not take life guards for granted. we must remember that other countries might not be as strict in their regulations and safety measures as we are in this country"
    Subtle dig much.

ReputationRep:
    Sad but ultimately his own fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaLouisaBond)
    you do no thats a reconstruction ?
    What, really?! :eek: :rolleyes:

You mean they did have a team of cameramen chilling on sight that just happened to see? Damn.

It still shows how epicly massive the filter vent is, usually they're much smaller.

ReputationRep:
    His body was found 20 minutes later in the pool's engine room
    Yuck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    What, really?! :eek: :rolleyes:

You mean they did have a team of cameramen chilling on sight that just happened to see? Damn.

It still shows how epicly massive the filter vent it, usually they're much smaller.
    Shhhh some people might not know :O :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8147032.stm
    Anyone else hear about this? It made me really upset and angry.

ReputationRep:
    That's truly terrible, the language barrier was probably the biggest problem.

ReputationRep:
    Other people have heard this.., try here for instance:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...p#post20049101

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    Other people have heard this.., try here for instance:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...p#post20049101
    Oh thanks. I never noticed.

ReputationRep:
    that is just horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Fairly horrific way to go, must be terrible for the family.

Still, takes a certain type of person to dive into a drain for a pair of goggles.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8147032.stm
    Anyone else hear about this? It made me really upset and angry.
    I love swimming , but I don't like the swimming pools. I don't like all the vents blowing water in/sucking it out , it genuinly scares me. I must sound like a pussy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.