Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm there! Who else is?

ReputationRep:
    Me!! rang them this morning coz i still hadnt heard and she said i was in James Watson! Sooo Happy =]

ReputationRep:
    And meee! :awesome:

Don't know what floor etc yet as I was told by email.

ReputationRep:
    just been told im james watson aswell

was starting to worry, would have had any accomodation, but maggie rule and james watson were my top choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinker_bell4)
    And meee! :awesome:

Don't know what floor etc yet as I was told by email.
    Nor me, I rang up this morning - I'm at my boyfriend's in London and won't get to check the post, and I was getting impatient!

ReputationRep:
    Btw, has anyone actually been to see the rooms? When I was at the open day I had my heart set on Langstone so I never went to see any of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    Btw, has anyone actually been to see the rooms? When I was at the open day I had my heart set on Langstone so I never went to see any of them
    I've only seen what the place looks like from the outsite. Didn't bother going to any open days.

Portsmouth Uni has this really cool virtual tour of all their Halls on their website. Here's the link: http://www.upix.uk.com/host/?map=9

ReputationRep:
    yeaa I went inside it's the most modern one there and really nice! Pleanty of room bigish kitchen area! It's the hall I wanted the most soo all good x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinker_bell4)
    I've only seen what the place looks like from the outsite. Didn't bother going to any open days.

Portsmouth Uni has this really cool virtual tour of all their Halls on their website. Here's the link: http://www.upix.uk.com/host/?map=9
    Yeah, I've been on that loads, but because of the lens on the camera it's hard to get a really good idea of how big the rooms are and stuff. I tried working it out earlier with the tape measure though! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannmerriott)
    yeaa I went inside it's the most modern one there and really nice! Pleanty of room bigish kitchen area! It's the hall I wanted the most soo all good x
    That's good then. I know it's the newest built, it's just that having not been there before, and only having the tour thing on the website, I don't really have a lot to go on, really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    That's good then. I know it's the newest built, it's just that having not been there before, and only having the tour thing on the website, I don't really have a lot to go on, really!
    yeaa thats understandable, its a decent size and i though they would be smaller.

ReputationRep:
    yay i'll be there
    haven't got my room number as yet cos i found out last week through email
    but by the looks of it no one else has theirs yet either...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofee)
    yay i'll be there
    haven't got my room number as yet cos i found out last week through email
    but by the looks of it no one else has theirs yet either...
    if they've had the letter through they know, but I found out by phoning them this morning. I wanna know now though so that I can find MORE people!

ReputationRep:
    i just wanna know how many flights of stairs i'm gunna have to climb -_-

ReputationRep:
    Corr, I didn't even think about stairs lol. So they don't have lifts then? Bad times.

ReputationRep:
    i think they might have lifts
    but i don't trust them :p:
    i certainly don't fancy getting stuck in one!

ReputationRep:
    Ohh I see. Heheh, can't really blame you to be honest.

The only lifts I really don't trust are the ones where you have to constantly push a button to go either up or down until you get there. The college that I went to had one that kept breaking down all the time. Pretty sure someone did get stuck in it once as well.

ReputationRep:
    Aha waiting got to me so i phoned today and i am in James Watson, well happy... Dunno what room/floor yet but who cares, just glad im in halls!!

ReputationRep:
    Got all the accom stuff through the post today.

I'm in A-8-5-1. :yep:

Oo, can't wait till everyone else posts where they've been put!

ReputationRep:
    i didn't get any post today D:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.