Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I was just wondering what stalls usually feature at the Aberdeen fayre. I know it is one of the biggest and best in Scotland so what does that really mean for a fresher?

ReputationRep:
    *fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    *fair
    No, Fayre.

There are loads of stalls, you have all (or most) of the societies, AUSA and other AUSA-affiliated stalls, and bars, nightclubs and other student entertainment evenings (e.g. the student bowling night at the beach) trying to get you to go to their club nights and such. It's always absolutely crammed though so if you really want the best good stuff, turn up early.

ReputationRep:
    We got a free clothes airer.

ReputationRep:
    heehee that would be handy ;-)

ReputationRep:
    Gotta love freebies

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for it Freebies!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, the airer was a one off. Although I do also have 2 beach balls - one shaped like a banana.

Tbh, closure of the union was better for freebies. I'll never forget the sight of the ice bucket being snuck out... Personally I have a halfpint glass, a Madagascar 2 movie promo poster, and a yellow pool ball. We would have had the pool table if it hadn't been for some rather narrow stairs.....

ReputationRep:
    When is the fresher's fayre? I'm scared I'll miss these freshers things because I'm sure my course is quite late in starting... though I'm not sure about the others so I'm just worried in general lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolicampbell)
    When is the fresher's fayre? I'm scared I'll miss these freshers things because I'm sure my course is quite late in starting... though I'm not sure about the others so I'm just worried in general lol
    You'll be fine. You will have the introductory lectures on the Monday and Tuesday is the fresher's fayre in the afternoon usually and you will be free then. Same with sport union fayre. Pretty sure that's on the Wednesdya and we got our ID cards and learning guides on Wednesday morning then we were free for the rest of the day.

ReputationRep:
    when do you start??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    when do you start??
    Course starts on the 22nd so im heading up the weekend before

ReputationRep:
    that's when everyone is going up...

ReputationRep:
    Same here! :P first or second yr?

ReputationRep:
    Read my post. Freshers fayre will be on the Tuesday I think. It was for me so that's the 23rd.

ReputationRep:
    Oh good!! Well I didn't know when any other courses started and its later than all my friends going to other Unis so i just convinced myself I would be too late. So glad now thanks lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.