Turn on thread page Beta

How long until I can expect to see results? watch

ReputationRep:
    For summer, I'm hoping to lose some weight basically. I'm trying to cut down the amount that I eat (both through portion sizes and cutting out crap between meals) and I'm starting off with 40 mins moderate/vigorous on the exercise bike, 50 sit-ups and 50 squats a day, plus probably a moderate 30 min walk with the dog.

How old until I can expect to see results?

ReputationRep:
    50 squats? Jesus, what bloody weight are you using?

The fat shouldnt just disappear all of a sudden. It'll be a constant and gradual reduction if you do it right, so your best bet is probably taking a picture say, once a day/week then flicking through them to see the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    50 squats? Jesus, what bloody weight are you using?

The fat shouldnt just disappear all of a sudden. It'll be a constant and gradual reduction if you do it right, so your best bet is probably taking a picture say, once a day/week then flicking through them to see the difference.
    Just squats at the moment, no weight except my own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomTre)
    Just squats at the moment, no weight except my own.
    Ok, thats weird. I cant do a squat without the bar, I fall over backwards.

Again, just a little advice, why not do a more targeted gym session? Remember, muscle uses energy!

ReputationRep:
    CV, yes. But the 50 sit-ups/50 squats? :lolwut: leave that **** - someone will suggest some proper routines, I'm sure.

Also, make sure you're factoring in rest days as well

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.