Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long until I can expect to see results? Watch

ReputationRep:
    For summer, I'm hoping to lose some weight basically. I'm trying to cut down the amount that I eat (both through portion sizes and cutting out crap between meals) and I'm starting off with 40 mins moderate/vigorous on the exercise bike, 50 sit-ups and 50 squats a day, plus probably a moderate 30 min walk with the dog.

How old until I can expect to see results?

ReputationRep:
    50 squats? Jesus, what bloody weight are you using?

The fat shouldnt just disappear all of a sudden. It'll be a constant and gradual reduction if you do it right, so your best bet is probably taking a picture say, once a day/week then flicking through them to see the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    50 squats? Jesus, what bloody weight are you using?

The fat shouldnt just disappear all of a sudden. It'll be a constant and gradual reduction if you do it right, so your best bet is probably taking a picture say, once a day/week then flicking through them to see the difference.
    Just squats at the moment, no weight except my own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomTre)
    Just squats at the moment, no weight except my own.
    Ok, thats weird. I cant do a squat without the bar, I fall over backwards.

Again, just a little advice, why not do a more targeted gym session? Remember, muscle uses energy!

ReputationRep:
    CV, yes. But the 50 sit-ups/50 squats? :lolwut: leave that **** - someone will suggest some proper routines, I'm sure.

Also, make sure you're factoring in rest days as well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.