Turn on thread page Beta

T4 On The Beach - 3 pairs of tickets to be won! - CLOSED watch

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team

Get ready for summer and prepare to party as some of the world’s hottest music acts prepare to strut their stuff on the beach as T4 On The Beach returns for its seventh year!

T4 On The Beach, sponsored by Aygo by Toyota, will be held in Weston-super-Mare on Sunday 19 July, with TSR holding 3 pairs of Golden Circle tickets to give away to lucky winners for the sold out event.

Last year over 25 acts performed at the extravaganza and this year’s line-up will include The Saturdays, dancefloor favourites Dizzee Rascal and Calvin Harris, pop princess Alesha Dixon and hot new breakthrough acts Metro Station and The Noisettes. Chart-toppers Tinchy Stryder and N-Dubz will be performing their hit songs, whilst The Enemy make their first appearance at the beach party and Beth Ditto and Gossip have confirmed they will be rocking the stage this year.

Basement Jaxx, Daniel Merriweather, Florence and the Machine, Paloma Faith and Britain’s Got Talent winners Diversity have also been confirmed and the casts of Skins and Hollyoaks will also be appearing.

For those that missed out on tickets, the event will be broadcast on Channel 4 on 19 July from 2pm and again on 4Music at 5.45pm.
    For more information, check the T4 On The Beach website – www.channel4.com/t4onthebeach

How can I be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets?

It's easy! Simply post within this thread, stating who you are most excited about seeing at T4 On The Beach and a reason why. All you then have to do is wait and hope you are the lucky winner!

Winners will be drawn at random and the closing date for the competition is midday Thursday 16th July. Good luck!

Tickets will be collected on the day, and winners will be asked for their name, mobile number and email address.

Terms & Conditions

Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.

By entering the T4 On The Beach site, you grant Done and Dusted and its licensees the right to film you and exploit that film for all media, world wide, in perpetuity.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh Good stuff!

Would love to see Tinchy, Alesha Dixon, Florence and the Machine and Diversity.

Tinchy and Alesha because they have really good songs out in the system at the moment and I would love to hear them perform some of these songs live - they are both FAB! :love:

Folrence and the Machine simply because her voice is AMAZING! hopefully she'll do her cover of "Halo" which I loved hearing on the radio!

And well, who wouldn't want to see arguably the biggest dance crew in London at the moment perform live. That would be INSANE! Would love to see some of their new stuff too. :groovy:

ReputationRep:
    I would rather peel off my skin and roll around in salt then listen to that lineup.

ReputationRep:
    How much were you paid to post this?

ReputationRep:
    Me me me!
    Diversity!

ReputationRep:
    I have tickets and I wish I didn't. The line up is shocking. I mean really bad. We have seen Springsteen, Kings Of Leon and The Killers play the **** out of festivals this summer. T4 give us Dizzee ******* Rascal.

On top of that, they raised the prices for the ticket (despite reveiling the line up when the event had sold out) and allowed more people into an already cramped event.

**** T4. Go to a real festival guys.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I wouldn't mind a bit of this.

I'd love to see Florence and the Machine. Every single one of the songs on her first album is breathtaking, and her cover of halo was simply chilling. I can only imagine how good she'd be live.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by electriic_ink)
    How much were you paid to post this?
    Nothing, actually!
    [True beans]

ReputationRep:
    I want to see Calvin Harris so badlyyy! I want those ticketss!

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh i've nevr been 2 a festival or even a consert before!! I'd love to go if there's a chance, I love Florence and the machine, and Alesha Dixon they're amazing performers and so inspiring! I also Love diversity..they rock! I wish I could dance...i can granny dance i spose..funky chicken anyone!! XD T4 + beach = good times!! : ) x

ReputationRep:
    Wow the line-up could of been so much better. Metro Station + Florence and the machine are the ones to see. Their music is just amazing, who wouldn't want to see them?

ReputationRep:
    ive never felt the urdge to go to one of these t4 on the beach events.

i mean i like t4 as a show and the presenters are kinda funny

but from what ive seen on tv the mass crowd is full of annoying 'oh im so different and amazing' puberty struck teenagers who use phrases like 'UR SUCH A LEDGE MATE!!!!' or 'IM GONNA GET WELL PISSSSSED!!!' on a regular basis.

ReputationRep:
    would love to see Dizzee, as his live performances always seem so amazing, really gets the crowd hyped, reckon it'd be an immense atmosphere!

Would be cool to see Diversity live if they're TV performances are anything to go by too

ReputationRep:
    Diversity live?!?! Sounds bloody amazing. I'm also excited about seeing Dizzee...love all of his tunes! Would be great to see him performing "Bonkers" live! I'd actually go mental lol. Its like my favourite song at the moment. And tinchy stryder.....you're number one!

Oh my god, this is like perfect for me. I'd bloody love it, would be great to win haha!

Woah, just read the rest of the lineup...man going to this would actually be the best thing ever! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bedshaped)
    see him performing "Bonkers" live! I'd actually go mental lol.

B..B...B..B..B..B..BONKERS :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I've never been to a festival before I'd love to go to one though. Money is a real big problem though , as I'm not from a rich background. I want to see dizzy rascal ! He is immense , and gets the crowd hyped up crazily. And gets me " Bonkers ".

ReputationRep:
    The Noisettes!!!!

Because.....

They won't upset the rhythm 8-)

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the worst ******* thing in history.

ReputationRep:
    lol @ the sell out.

Plus, I'd rather shove bamboo splinters under my fingernails than sit through some of those 'performances'.

Edit: Oh, I'm really excited about seeing Diversity, so I can see how far I can throw a plastic bottle filled with urine.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see Florence + The Machine live, and Fighstar as well.

So enter me into the competition.

I'm not actually going to go, you see, but if I win, then I'll save someone from having to endure the rest of the mind numbing dross in the line up. I'm a philanphropist like that.

But still, enter me. It will be good fun.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.