Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Damn, the whole money being taken out of your account thing gets me. I mean the money was due to be taken out of my account as my available balance was exactly £13.40 than my current balance but my account was not physically charged.

I'll keep looking for loopholes though and see what they say when (or if) they get back to me.
    Still, that leaves them on shaky ground - your available balance was debited (what exactly do they mean by 'debiting your account'? arises here).

Ah, fair say - but for those, like me, who also had their accounts physically charged, legally you have absolutely 100% of a right to receive those products. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    so lets get to the nitty gritty of this all then, has anyones ipods been dispatched yet?? You brought them knowing full well it was a mistake so u have little to complain about, mistakes happen people get over it

ReputationRep:
    Can none of you see regardless of if you can force a court case through on technicalities that you lose morally...

And some of you are saying it happened before, perhap due to me saying i've tried mispriced stuff from them before. It was a blu ray player and about 2 weeks ago. It's pretty clear they have had some kind of problem with their pricing system. There's no possible benefit of doing it deliberately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    so lets get to the nitty gritty of this all then, has anyones ipods been dispatched yet?? You brought them knowing full well it was a mistake so u have little to complain about, mistakes happen people get over it
    Do read my post for all of the legalities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aKarma)
    Can none of you see regardless of if you can force a court case through on technicalities that you lose morally...

And some of you are saying it happened before, perhap due to me saying i've tried mispriced stuff from them before. It was a blu ray player and about 2 weeks ago. It's pretty clear they have had some kind of problem with their pricing system. There's no possible benefit of doing it deliberately
    Fair point.

But tbh, morality doesn't really play much of a point here, what with the overriding legalities.

ReputationRep:

I can see your point on the moral issues of it, however, it's not like I went crazy and bought 15 like someone else did. I only ordered the 1 because I was genuinely looking to buy an iPod. The fact remains however that this is not a small corner shop that will go out of business if I get the iPod, if I do get it than it will surely teach them to watch out for these mistakes more carefully.

ReputationRep:
    tbf i think its a bit harsh to complain really...i cant see why people feel they are entitled to the ipod :/ was worth the try ordering it though

ReputationRep:
    Okay, looks like I'll be seeing this right through on my own. :sigh:

Anways, I'll keep you guys updated. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacketpotato)
    Another escape route is the English doctrine of mistake. If people knew or should have known that the price was wrong, they can't enforce the contract.

Amazon's T&Cs say that there is no binding contract until they send the e-mail saying the item has been dispatched. The e-mail confirming the order is supposedly just for information and has no legal effect.

The T&Cs aren't actually that important here. T&Cs don't govern anything until you actually have a contract: they can't decide when there is an offer or when an offer is accepted. Any term saying something along the lines of "we decide whether there is a contract or not" is unenforceable under something called the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations.
    It'd be great if you read through post 173, please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    'Please note that for items ordered from Amazon.co.uk this e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order and your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched to you. For items purchased from third parties in Marketplace, this e-mail confirms the completion of your contract to purchase those items.'

See, that's where I think a lot of people got confused because you'd be correct if it were from Amazon but they state here that the confirmation email is the contract completion as opposed to requiring a dispatch notice.

As for the first bit, yeah, someone said in the thread the other day that if the mistake is obvious, then the contract isn't enforced.
    Post 173 really does apply to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    wtf?!
    Isnt that a breach of advertising legislations where the business has to sell it to you at the price that is advertised. Even if it was a error - its like at a shop, if they accidently placed £8 price tage on a leather jacket when its supposed to be £80 - then they have to give it to you for £8 dont they?
    This is a common perception my the public, but to put it simply, no this isn't true.

There is no legislative law on this. (contrary to popular belief)

ReputationRep:

Have you considered the possibility that some of us just aren't all that moral?

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered the possibility that some of us just aren't all that moral?
    how can you say that? :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    how can you say that? :gasp:
    :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    :mmm:
    :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    :ahee:
    Someone on here called me innocent the other day :sad: That's gotta be bad coming from TSR, right?

ReputationRep:
    Someone on here called me innocent the other day :sad: That's gotta be bad coming from TSR, right?
    i dont get you clemmy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    i dont get you clemmy
    lolwut, why?

ReputationRep:
    lolwut, why?
    why is it bad to be called innocent? :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    why is it bad to be called innocent? :emo:
    No, it's just bad from TSR.

If TSR calls you innocent, you're basically baby jesus or something.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.