Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by The West Wing)
    Taiwan does not practice English law
    So if a thousand of those Ipods were ordered in Taiwan, there is a chance the regulators might step in to enforce that? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    I'm new to Amazon and wondering if I can still neg feedback the company for being such cocks? :tongue:

And the TSR world creeps through :p:

Nah, I think it has to be a completed sale before you can give feedback[?], not sure though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried as it seems it's happened before on Amazon with prices being wrong then orders cancelled or customers being told they're out of stock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    To all intents and purposes, it was Amazon. Anybody looking at it and buying it, would say they "got it off amazon".
    If that's the case then it doesn't say much for the average person :rolleyes:
    It's a bit like blaming Ebay for a Nigerian scammer stealing your stuff

Having said that most people here don't seem to realise it isn't Amazon, so you're probably right.

ReputationRep:
    All these cases show is how little most people know about consumer law

ReputationRep:
    But i ordered 15:mad: :mad: :rant: :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    This happened on another forum I'm on, but not with iPods, can't remember what it was. Needless to say, a few of them moaned about not being able to get cheap whatevers, and it was illegal. They were shot down pretty quick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Well, from my experience with physical shops, they have to sell the item for what it has been priced at.
    No

(Original post by jabed786)
    wtf?!
    Isnt that a breach of advertising legislations where the business has to sell it to you at the price that is advertised. Even if it was a error - its like at a shop, if they accidently placed £8 price tage on a leather jacket when its supposed to be £80 - then they have to give it to you for £8 dont they?
    And No.

I don't know where you guys get your information from, but your just wrong. I'm surprised anyone thought they were going to get the iPods in the first place anyway.

(Original post by jesty)
    dell recently sold 150k monitors for £9 each and had to honour it

saw it on msn news but heres a link

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/200...21405427.shtml
    Different country, different laws.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got an email :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aKarma)
    No one actual had the money taken per se , and certainly not by IT hardware.
    When the order is placed Amazon notifies the bank/credit card comp and the amount it held (so reduced from your available balance) but not actually transferred. Money is neither taken nor transferred to IT hardware until dispatch.
    This is all that happened.

But it was IT hardware Direct Ltd, not Amazon.
    And why would not selling products due to a pricing erroe damage reputation?
    If appearing to not like any gay orientated literature doesn't hit their reputation much, I doubt refunding people for a mispriced iPod will.

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for my email...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    I haven't got an email :sad:

....that's a good thing, surely?

And check your junk folder, that's where mine went.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aKarma)
    If that's the case then it doesn't say much for the average person :rolleyes:
    It's a bit like blaming Ebay for a Nigerian scammer stealing your stuff

Having said that most people here don't seem to realise it isn't Amazon, so you're probably right.
    And, in fairness, it was Amazon who made the pricing error, not IT Hardware.

ReputationRep:
    ....that's a good thing, surely?

And check your junk folder, that's where mine went.
    Ahh, just came through.

I have a problem though. The money was actually taken from my account. So...what do I do?

ReputationRep:
    And, in fairness, it was Amazon who made the pricing error, not IT Hardware.
    It was?

IT hardware specifically often have pricing errors. I've tried to buy stuff from them before at rediculous pricing, which implies them not Amazon otherwise other companies would be affected.
    It looks much more likely whatever system IT hardware use to catalogue and put their stuff on Amazon is screwed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Ahh, just came through.

I have a problem though. The money was actually taken from my account. So...what do I do?

What, it's properly been debited?

Not sure where you stand then, tbh.

While I've got the email saying it's cancelled, the order is still 'ongoing' in my Amazon account. If that's the same case with you, then maybe once it's been cancelled according to Amazon your money will reappear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Well, from my experience with physical shops, they have to sell the item for what it has been priced at.
    exactly what I was going to say. They advertised it at that price, and you entered into an agreement with them to buy it. It's their mistake, now they have to step up and face the consequences. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tink12)
    exactly what I was going to say. They advertised it at that price, and you entered into an agreement with them to buy it. It's their mistake, now they have to step up and face the consequences. :yes:
    Except they don't.

ReputationRep:
    What, it's properly been debited?

Not sure where you stand then, tbh.

While I've got the email saying it's cancelled, the order is still 'ongoing' in my Amazon account. If that's the same case with you, then maybe once it's been cancelled according to Amazon your money will reappear?
    Yeah, so that's why I'm a bit stuck. I've emailed them back saying the money has in fact been taken from my account.

The order is still open.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.