Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Everyone knew that an iPod would never realistically sell for £13.13; if you want to start talking morals, 'oh but they must sell for the advertised price!' then it's probably a little immoral to start costing them £200 per order, no?

Probably has been said, but cba reading the entire discussion...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i have contacted them about me being charged, lets see what they do about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tink12)
    It honestly doesn't matter whether it's a genuine mistake or not - the point is it was still advertised. And tbh, the more people who complain, the better. They don't want a whole mob of people coming at them, they have a reputation they want to maintain, so you can always try and do something about it.
    Giving back 13 quid because of a pricing error isn't going to hurt their reputation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    Everyone knew that an iPod would never realistically sell for £13.13; if you want to start talking morals, 'oh but they must sell for the advertised price!' then it's probably a little immoral to start costing them £200 per order, no?

Probably has been said, but cba reading the entire discussion...
    lol their own terms and conditions state that if they charge you a price it will stay that price even if its an error

they should think through their conditions more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJeebs)
    Giving back 13 quid because of a pricing error isn't going to hurt their reputation.
    I agree.

(Original post by tom//)
    lol their own terms and conditions state that if they charge you a price it will stay that price even if its an error
    Well good look to anyone that tries to complain, let me know how you get on. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tink12)
    It honestly doesn't matter whether it's a genuine mistake or not - the point is it was still advertised. And tbh, the more people who complain, the better. They don't want a whole mob of people coming at them, they have a reputation they want to maintain, so you can always try and do something about it.
    Um yes it does.
    It may not in the eyes of the law and stuff but people do actually act according to some idea of morality. If it was an honest mistake, you should just let it go.

You'd be pissed off if you ended up a slave because you left the price tag on your t-shirt and someone bought you :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well good look to anyone that tries to complain, let me know how you get on. :rolleyes:
    will do :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I agree.

I'm complaining because I've had my damn money taken from my account. Fine if they wanted to cancel the order but not when money has physically been taken from me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tok-a-lot)
    But i ordered 15:mad: :mad: :rant: :mad2:
    :hahaha:
    You seriously believed you would receive 15 ipods?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Clements-)
    I'm complaining because I've had my damn money taken from my account. Fine if they wanted to cancel the order but not when money has physically been taken from me.
    so far, i'm being quite polite, and making a general enquiry about being chrged, f they deny it, i'll bring hell on them

ReputationRep:
    wow, i dont come on tsr for the weekend and i miss this?!

If you lot got your ipods i would have been fuuriious

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

can't believe some people still have got the nerve to try to fight for them, insisting on that they indeed should have been sent the £13/£8 iPods :rolleyes:

you won't get them. there is no obligation for the store to send it. they won't do this, they don't care if you're not gonna go back to them TBH (especially if you "bought" £4'000 worth of iPods - would you have ever spent that much on Amazon in your entire life? doubt so).

OK - if you've got the time and will and money - fight, file a lawsuit or whatever, but I'm pretty sure that you're unlikely to get anything. There was a possibility they might do this for the very first, single-item orders. But they haven't (or all the TSR orders came too late - we don't know :confused:). So, yeah - as someone stated here already, bottom line - the store might refuse selling you the item (i.e. providing you with services), just like every other retailer or service provider might, without stating the reason for it.

If someone fights their way through to their iPod - please let us know, it's gonna be actually worthy of being written about in a national newspaper, but - as I've said - I seriously doubt that it happens. :yep:

EDIT: before you bring the hell on Amazon, phone your credit card company and make sure the money has indeed been charged. I for that matter have a credit card with NatWest and it takes up to 3 days (or even more in some cases) for the account balance and recent transactions to be updated on my On-Line Banking. Not sure if it's standard it doesn't come up immediately, but if so, you might have had as well your money refunded already, but it could not have appeared on your account balance yet. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think they'll refund it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)

they should think through their conditions more
    (Original post by Amazon T&C)
    24. Events beyond our reasonable control

We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control.
    This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
    If the problem was caused by a software glitch (I think someone posted this earlier?) that is certainly beyond their 'reasonable control'. They have thought through their T&C.

To all those still hoping you'll get your iPod: you won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolatedTreason)
    so far, i'm being quite polite, and making a general enquiry about being chrged, f they deny it, i'll bring hell on them
    Ditto. Although my version of polite is never all that polite and has subtle undertones of rudeness. Just like my email to ASOS the other day who clearly hire ******* monkeys as their customer service people as in response to my anger about the stock error and errors within my order, I got an email thanking me for my email about returning my goods?!?!?! WTF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    If the problem was caused by a software glitch (I think someone posted this earlier?) that is certainly beyond their 'reasonable control'. They have thought through their T&C.

To all those still hoping you'll get your iPod: you won't.
    the conditions of amazon and third party are different

ReputationRep:
    I think they'll refund it.
    Not easily they won't. You're missing the fact that they think that no one has been charged. If it's showing on their end that no one has been charged, it's more hassle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    the conditions of amazon and third party are different
    "Please read these conditions carefully before using the Amazon.co.uk website. By using the Amazon.co.uk website, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions."

I imagine that whether you buy from "real" Amazon or from a reseller, you're still bound by the T&C I quoted above

(found http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...nodeId=1040616 here by the way).

It says they apply across the whole Amazon.co.uk website.

ReputationRep:
    Not easily they won't. You're missing the fact that they think that no one has been charged. If it's showing on their end that no one has been charged, it's more hassle.
    I'm not sure that anyone knows exactly what they know. I don't even think that they have enough iPods to satisfy the demand when the price went so low.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure that anyone knows exactly what they know. I don't even think that they have enough iPods to satisfy the demand when the price went so low.
    They said in the email that none of us have been in charged so we can be pretty certain of that :shifty:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.