Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    oh bugger I didn't see this thread - I just posted a similar thing. I got the same email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    They said in the email that none of us have been in charged so we can be pretty certain of that :shifty:
    Meh, no point talking about small details anyway because I don't think it will ever be despatched. It sounds like you are expecting to receive one, I just wouldn't be that confident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    oh bugger.
    How come it's not being covered by the swear filter? :confused: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    Meh, no point talking about small details anyway because I don't think it will ever be despatched. It sounds like you are expecting to receive one, I just wouldn't be that confident.
    :facepalm:

No. I am not expecting to receive one; I just want my frigging money. Where in my post does it mention anything about getting an ipod?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    bugger isn't really swearing.

ReputationRep:
    Its not covered by the filter.

ReputationRep:
    They said in the email that none of us have been in charged so we can be pretty certain of that :shifty:
    (Original post by Amazon Email)
    Dear Customer,

We write to advise you that all orders placed with us on the Friday 10th July have had to be cancelled.
    This was due to a corrupt file causing incorrect prices being advertised on Amazon.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment and inconvenience this may have caused.

Your Credit/Debit card has NOT been charged and no further action is required.

You will recieve confirmation that you order has been cancelled from Amazon in due course.

Kind Regards
    Customer Services
    IT Hardware Direct Ltd
    They don't say that "none of us" have been charged. It says YOUR (!!) Credit/Debit card has NOT been charged and no further action is required..

They may be dealing with the orders in batches, based on time of order, and that's why only certain people have got the email so far. They may be deciding what to do with people who have been charged, but they do not intend to ship to, which again would explain why you haven't got an email yet.

They are almost certainly not, however, about to ship you an iPod, so don't hold your breath.

edit: in terms of getting your money back, I assume you've contacted them, in which case you're best just waiting the 5-14 working days companies usually take to refund credit/debit cards, and the further few days it takes the bank to credit your account back with the money.

ReputationRep:
    Before people go nuts on them for being charged or whatever, give them a day.
    Most of the orders were placed after 5pm on friday, and banks aren't great with transactions over the weekend (Payments go through, but refunds generally are slower). So just give them a day to see if it gets sorted out.

ReputationRep:

No. I am not expecting to receive one; I just want my frigging money. Where in my post does it mention anything about getting an ipod?
    Pfft, the fact that you ordered one?

You were willing to pay £13.13 and there was every chance that it would be cancelled; you can't just expect your money back instantly, Amazon facilitate thousands of transactions a day.

Edit: see above post.

ReputationRep:
    bugger isn't really swearing.
    Well, Oxford dictionary says it's vulgar slang:

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/bugger?view=uk

"bugger

vulgar slang, chiefly Brit."

:confused:

Anyhoo, the swear filter doesn't stop to amaze me: whang, wang, ****, ****, pussy, muff, prick, fanny, crap :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    They don't say that "none of us" have been charged. It says YOUR (!!) Credit/Debit card has NOT been charged and no further action is required..

They may be dealing with the orders in batches, based on time of order, and that's why only certain people have got the email so far. They may be deciding what to do with people who have been charged, but they do not intend to ship to, which again would explain why you haven't got an email yet.

They are almost certainly not, however, about to ship you an iPod, so don't hold your breath.
    Okay, don't ******* patronise me with your large sized font. I'm not stupid; I don't expect an iPod to be arriving on my doorstep anytime soon so calm the **** down. An identical email went out to everyone, including people whose money has been taken from them. This would suggest that they are working on the basis that no one has been charged. Or are you too moronic to deduce that?

I have got an email. People whose money has been taken have gotten an email. Read the posts before making such uninformed responses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Well, from my experience with physical shops, they have to sell the item for what it has been priced at.
    Nope, they don't. Imagine for example they didn't have enough of a certain item. They aren't legally bound to sell it just because they've advertised it. In law, it isn't an offer, but an invitation to treat.

I knew it would never happen, so I didn't even bother wasting time trying to buy one. To everyone who did... U mad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    Pfft, the fact that you ordered one?

You were willing to pay £13.13 and there was every chance that it would be cancelled; you can't just expect your money back instantly, Amazon facilitate thousands of transactions a day.

Edit: see above post.
    YES, I understand that. I ordered one as there was nothing to lose. I knew there was a 99.99% chance of it being cancelled and I'm not pissed about it being cancelled; I'm pissed about my money being taken.

I am not expecting an iPod. I'd have to have a brain about the size of a pea to be doing so, especially after an email has been received. Have you people been taught how to read?

ReputationRep:
    Well, Oxford dictionary says it's vulgar slang:

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/bugger?view=uk

"bugger

vulgar slang, chiefly Brit."

Anyhoo, the swear filter doesn't stop to amaze me: whang, wang, ****, ****, pussy, muff, prick, fanny, crap :confused:
    They all have innocent meanings as well as the vulgar ones.

Ie. **** = Male chicken
    **** = A name
    etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just-another-critic)
    Its not covered by the filter.

oh, I didn't see it. Thanks.

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, don't ******* patronise me with your large sized font. I'm not stupid; I don't expect an iPod to be arriving on my doorstep anytime soon so calm the **** down. An identical email went out to everyone, including people whose money has been taken from them. This would suggest that they are working on the basis that no one has been charged. Or are you too moronic to deduce that?

I have got an email. People whose money has been taken have gotten an email. Read the posts before making such uninformed responses.
    I didn't mean to patronise you, I was posting so that other people reading might see what I wrote and act accordingly, ie not post the same questions over and over.

I doubt Amazon has "lost" your money, and I doubt very much that they are "working on the basis that no one has been charged". Their system will certainly accommodate refunds, people cancelling orders, orders not shipping and all the rest of it - they will know all the people awaiting refunds and those who have had them already.

It's not like your money will be lost. As written earlier, the only thing you can do now (assuming you've contacted them already, although probably this isn't even needed) is to sit tight until you get your money back.

I haven't got a jot of sympathy for you if you have to wait a few days for the money to go back in to your account, I mean as if you were going to get the iPod for thirteen quid in the first place...

edit: it seems now you've realised you're not getting your iPod - as have most people in the thread - hurrah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aKarma)
    They all have innocent meanings as well as the vulgar ones.

Ie. **** = Male chicken
    **** = A name
    etc
    Oh yeah, that actually makes sense. I wonder if one still can get warned for them depending on the context in which they're used :confused:

(well, we're probably gonna find out soon, anyway... lol :redface:)

ReputationRep:
    I received the cancellation email but money has also been taken from my account. I sent them a polite email asking how long it would take to be refunded but still haven't heard anything

ReputationRep:
    YES, I understand that. I ordered one as there was nothing to lose. I knew there was a 99.99% chance of it being cancelled and I'm not pissed about it being cancelled; I'm pissed about my money being taken.

I am not expecting an iPod. I'd have to have a brain about the size of a pea to be doing so, especially after an email has been received. Have you people been taught how to read?
    Well as part of the ordering process, money was taken. You can't blame Amazon for an automatic process which happens every single time somebody places an order. The 'Amazon Email' was from IT Hardware Direct Ltd. Anyway, £13.13 won't kill you if you don't get it back right this very second.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    I didn't mean to patronise you, I was posting so that other people reading might see what I wrote and act accordingly, ie not post the same questions over and over.

I doubt Amazon has "lost" your money, and I doubt very much that they are "working on the basis that no one has been charged". Their system will certainly accommodate refunds, people cancelling orders, orders not shipping and all the rest of it - they will know all the people awaiting refunds and those who have had them already.

It's not like your money will be lost. As written earlier, the only thing you can do now (assuming you've contacted them already, although probably this isn't even needed) is to sit tight until you get your money back.

I haven't got a jot of sympathy for you if you have to wait a few days for the money to go back in to your account, I mean as if you were going to get the iPod for thirteen quid in the first place...
    I don't care about waiting for the money to come back into my account. Fat lot £13 would buy me anyway. But it's the principle that it's been taken out and they're telling me I haven't been charged when I clearly have.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.