Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schleigg)
    :zomg: Did you know that some places make coke from syrup and carbonated water! :zomg:

:awesome:
    Not this **** again.

Everyone knows that.

(And anyone who doesn't should hide their ignorance!)

ReputationRep:
    Water can also clean a toilet, so that's not really much of an argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KwungSun)
    quality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TJH89)
    I assume you mean the acid?

According to the diagram here http://www.natural-reflux-cure.com/stomach-acid.html; Coke is only weaker than lemon juice, stomach acid and battery acid - stomach acid is pH 1, Coke is ph 2.2, stronger than vinegar and acid rain :eek:, no wonder it can mess up your teeth!
    I did indeed mean the acid I think I knew Coke was strong, but not that strong...

ReputationRep:
    :zomg: Did you know that some places make coke from syrup and carbonated water! :zomg:

The company produces concentrate, which is then sold to licensed Coca-Cola bottlers throughout the world. The bottlers, who hold territorially exclusive contracts with the company, produce the finished product in cans and bottles from the concentrate in combination with filtered water and sweeteners. How can you not know this? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KwungSun)
    Obviously I meant clean as in getting rid of stains. If you pour water down the toilet, it doesn't do what coke does.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I was hoping that the ":awesome:" might have given the game away that I was joking and making a BeefEater reference. Clearly not.

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    It used to be green didn't it?

ReputationRep:

it can be dispensed like that, when businesses/outlets sell a lot, they dont want to deal with loads of litres of coke in containers out back.
    instead, they buy a container of about 10l of syrup (post mix syrup), and mix it with soda when it is being dispensed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    Yea I think it did used to have cocaine in ages ago like in the war times.
    Before WW1 it did but only trace elements but before WW1 you could also legally buy heroin and cocaine from chemists, them crazy drugged up Victorians...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    it can be dispensed like that, when businesses/outlets sell a lot, they dont want to deal with loads of litres of coke in containers out back.
    instead, they buy a container of about 10l of syrup (post mix syrup), and mix it with soda when it is being dispensed.
    (Original post by schleigg)
    Guys, I was hoping that the ":awesome:" might have given the game away that I was joking and making a BeefEater reference. Clearly not.

:facepalm:
    Doh!

ReputationRep:
    'contains vegetable extracts'. Pretty sure that's one of the ingredients listed on the side of the can

ReputationRep:
    When I was 6 I carried out a little experiment when my tooth fell of, I put it in a bottle of coke and left it in their overnight, in the morning it was gone, and no it was not the ******* tooth fairy. Just shows how much sugar content it has, it can decay your teeth really fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatwhichiam)
    Tbh the contents of your stomach is probably strong enough to clean your toilet...so I wouldn't worry about your innards - more your teeth. :teeth:
    Long experience of vomiting in my toilet tells me quite the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    Coke from dispensers is less fizzy than Coke in cans.

ReputationRep:
    Coke used to contain bits from the coca leaf (where cocaine comes from) but after finding out the effects of cocaine it was removed and replaced with some other weird thing

ReputationRep:
    Pure unadulterated sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masderchef)
    It used to be green didn't it?
    I think you're getting coke mixed up with Santa...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    When I was 6 I carried out a little experiment when my tooth fell of, I put it in a bottle of coke and left it in their overnight, in the morning it was gone, and no it was not the ******* tooth fairy. Just shows how much sugar content it has, it can decay your teeth really fast.
    Overnight you say.. interesting
    http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/tooth.asp

ReputationRep:
    What a load of scare-mongering ********.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.