Turn on thread page Beta

Lost your wallet? you should keep a baby photo in it. watch

ReputationRep:
    This was an interesting read.

What would you do if you found a wallet on the street? Leave it? Take it to a police station? Post it back to the owner? Keep it, even?

The answer, scientists have found, depends rather more on evolution than morality.

Hundreds of wallets were planted on the streets of Edinburgh by psychologists last year. Perhaps surprisingly, nearly half of the 240 wallets were posted back. But there was a twist.
    ARTICLE: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6681923.ece

ReputationRep:
    That's quite nice actually

ReputationRep:
    Ah...that's a good tactics

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing as there were 240 wallets they would be pretty cheap one's so if they had no money in them I would have thought most people would not bother trying to return them.

ReputationRep:
    That's actually really lovely

ReputationRep:
    finders keepers.. cute baby or not

ReputationRep:
    Mine has a picture of my dad and I in it, when I was a baby so if I lose mine then hopefully I'll get it back

Farmboy_Pip, I love the Regina signature :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Awww! Pretty sly.

ReputationRep:
    Aw, thats nice. I should put a picture of me as a baby in there. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    I carry a pitcture of my niece when she was 1 around with me. Woo

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd be more guilt-tripped into returning the elderly couples' wallets. I would think, "Some poor old dear has obviously accidentally dropped this struggling to trolley her weekly shopping back home."

Seeing a picture of a baby wouldn't guilt-trip me because I would know it's not the baby's wallet. I just don't think this experiment is conclusive.

(Original post by Farmboy_Pip)
    finders keepers.. cute baby or not
    :zomg: Mean! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Why not a ticking bomb?

Definantly prevent people keeping it.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.