Turn on thread page Beta

New look for the Hotrod? watch

• View Poll Results: Which look do you prefer for my 'Rod?
    New look - 14" Cosmics on front 15" Slotmags on rear
    33.33%
    Old look - 15" Slotmags all round.
    66.67%

ReputationRep:
    I'm liking the stance v much.

Cosmics up front ftw I reckon.

Can't help but think that it'd look even better with 15" cosmics up back and 14 slots up front though..

(yeah the back wheels a bout out of proportion but you get the ideaof what I mean..
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Black and polished chrome Rostyles front and back FTW. I'd keep them the same size too, at 15" but keep the back jacked up, though maybe wider and higher profile tyres at the back?

ReputationRep:
    I like the cosmics more than the mags if i'm honest.
    Sadly, they only come in 14" X 5 inch wide in MGB stud pattern. That's assuming you can find them... i've been looking for a set of cosmics in ANY condition in 114mm PCD for about 4 years now.

You can get mags in all sorts of sizes, but the only common ones that will fit a B are 14" and 15" and I already have the super rare 15".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjybh)
    Black and polished chrome Rostyles front and back FTW. I'd keep them the same size too, at 15" but keep the back jacked up, though maybe wider and higher profile tyres at the back?
    Interesting idea? I'd have to have 4 spoke MG rostyles on the front and 5 spoke chevy style "ralley" wheels on the back since the rear axle will be 5 stud after christmas.

Not sure if that'd work to be honest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Interesting idea? I'd have to have 4 spoke MG rostyles on the front and 5 spoke chevy style "ralley" wheels on the back since the rear axle will be 5 stud after christmas.

Not sure if that'd work to be honest?
    Have you run the car yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Have you run the car yet?
    No not yet... The original powerplant is quite tired. a 20 seccond pass would be about right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    No not yet... The original powerplant is quite tired. a 20 seccond pass would be about right.
    Ouch. Aren't you running a Rover V8? I know they aren't great stock engines but shouldn't it at least be able to run 16-17?

ReputationRep:
    Just saw your profile; must be the 4 banger.

Did you ever run the V8?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Just saw your profile; must be the 4 banger.

Did you ever run the V8?
    Yep! Blew a piston on the way to the track... ran her anyway on 7 pistons.
    Got an 18 something, surprise surprise!

ReputationRep:
    what BHP does it produce and what's the 0-60? amazing car btw

ReputationRep:
    Currently, about 40bhp and "eventually"

New engine i'm building will be 220 ish and around 6 secconds without nitrous.

ReputationRep:
    Please let the Rover die and put a 302 in it. It'll make 220 stock and with 200,000 miles on it. If you can't easily... ea-sily make 300hp from a Windsor 302, you fail at motors.

With all the trading around you are used to, selling your Rover set up and getting a Ford (or Chevy's probably cheaper) would be a piece of piss.

Is it heart over brain? If so, I can understand...

ReputationRep:
    Nope, its sense.
    I'm not putting an iron block engine into an MGB and that's that.

My mate is running 11 seccond dead standing quaters with his Rover now.

It'll get a chevy ls6 one day when i go pro street, but that's years away....

ReputationRep:
    LS6... :coma:

Those LS motors are so ri-goddamn-diculously easy to make power with... they should be illegal.

ReputationRep:
    See... ye who have little faith.
    Even better with 17 6 blower on the top with an enderle bug catcher poking through the bonnet.

Can you say 700bhp MGBGT?
    When I say I want a pro street MGB, I really do mean i want to go completely "balls out", mate!

ReputationRep:
    Why the aversion to an iron block? Obviously they're heavier but it's hardly like you're going to Silverstone.

Power+cost:weight ratio I think still swings towards a Ford/Chevy. I think you'd be able to fit at Ford 302 Windsor more easily than a 350 though, and they are lighter too. But obviously not Rover-light. The difference becomes even less with aluminium heads.

I know I'm not going to convince you, I'm just interested in the details.

Is your mates 11 sec Rover still 3.5L?

ReputationRep:
    My mates Rover is a 4.6

The simple answer is I'm not fabricating parts to fit other engines when i've got Rover to Mg stuff in boxes and you can get stuff off the shelf for the conversion.

3 grand and a bit of time would see the car running 13's all day long.

ReputationRep:
    It'd be a good streetable ride.

Good luck.

Now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Took the BGT down to the retro show @ the pod yesterday.
    Looks like crap. Get a real car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Rippetoe)
    Looks like crap. Get a real car.
    And by "real car" you mean... :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 17, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.