Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which skirt length would be more suitable for sixth form? Watch

ReputationRep:
    hey

do you think this skirt is more appropriate for a smartish sixth form dress code in the short or long length version? I'm quite short anyway so I think the short length version would be fine but i wanted your opinions

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=405039

ReputationRep:
    i bought a pleated one from bhs last year :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshua3)
    Brilliant, classy, chic and hawt op
    She wants to know whether to buy the short or long skirt...

The long one and short one don't seem that different! :p:

ReputationRep:
    a bit like this but with a normal belt http://www.bhs.co.uk/mall/productpag.../128519/136111

ReputationRep:
    Go for the short version, the long one would be too long if you're small

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the longer one if it's for 6th form.
    The shorter one looks a little inappropriate; after all, you don't want the pervy teachers 'accidentally' dropping their pens on the floor, then asking if you would be so kind as to pick them up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lola1993)
    hey

do you think this skirt is more appropriate for a smartish sixth form dress code in the short or long length version? I'm quite short anyway so I think the short length version would be fine but i wanted your opinions

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=405039
    A skirt should be like a forum post.
    Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.

/thread.

ReputationRep:
    i think that skirt is really nice, but if you are a shorty i would say an even shorter one would look really good and still smart.

ReputationRep:
    Long = Safety.

Short = Wanted attention from lads. Unwanted attention from teachers.

ReputationRep:
    It depends how strict your sixth form is haha. In my sixth form we would not be allowed the short one, and it seems quite inappropriate. I think the longer one is nice and it's not too long. However, if your quite petite, the short skirt might be fine

ReputationRep:
    You need it to be long enough to cover the essentials and not be like a girl I saw walking home from school the other day.

She was with a couple of friends and her skirt looked fine from the front as she walked towards us, but the moment she started walking away from us you could see her gusset flashing at you with every step!

Mum wanted me to tell her what was on view but I wouldn't in case she told me to **** off!

Can't believe River would give me a warning for a comment that was already censored. Perhaps he needs to find something better to do with his time rather than haunt threads about the length of a girl's skirt!

The long one seems fine to me, it's not too long but the short one seems too short for a sixth form imo.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.