Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm hoping start at Lincoln in October, and have begun the odious but necessary task of working out a rough budget. The big obstacle in my path is that Lincoln (and many other colleges) are not exactly forthcoming about accommodation costs (probably because if you get in, you get what you're given and are grateful, damnit!). I've also seen another thread about catering in the various colleges, but nothing about Lincoln in particular.

Could anyone enlighten me as to what I can expect to pay for rent and food, and what this covers?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Last year's costs and loads more information are here. Go to appendix A (page 78) for the info. I imagine prices will have risen a bit for this year, but that gives you a good idea.

It might also be worth checking the college thread (where this will probably get moved anyway).

ReputationRep:
    rent increase is just short of 5% this year - yeah, the jcr exec weren't great at negotiating. There's an interesting new meal scheme coming in, though, where you have to pay so much up front and can use the credit for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as opposed to just dinners before. It won't save you any money, but it should feel a bit more flexible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.