Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJness)
    Ours are £25 if I remember rightly

AJxx
    Ahh ok, thats not too bad, I hope mine are a similar price!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, one measly exam! On my course you're not allowed two resits, else you get kicked out straight, but fail one then you get a chance to resit. Even then, fail anything twice and you're out (well, have to retake the year without honours etc)

ReputationRep:
    My resits cost £40 and thats for a 10 credit module.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my second year. And I have two resits, one exam this year (Aug 26th) and one in April as I was told I'd be too busy to do it this year. Aswell as a piece of coursework for both of these modules. Luckily I havent been charged, unless I haven't been told yet

Are resits frowned upon in Uni?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Heather_1)
    Are resits frowned upon in Uni?
    Yes. Unless you had a good reason for not passing the first time, obviously, in which case fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobnob)
    Yes. Unless you had a good reason for not passing the first time, obviously, in which case fair enough.

Would it need to be declared once you graduate?

I have had a resit in first year, and now have two.

ReputationRep:

I pretty sure you don't. I've never heard anyone mention it.

Man, my resit is going to cost me 60 pounds! The uni has a set fee for everyone no matter how many exams you're sitting. :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

I don't think so, but it may show up on your transcript.

ReputationRep:
    i have to resit ecology and microbiology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    i have to resit ecology and microbiology.
    My ecology exam was pip squeak, everyone left after 45minutes lol but still there are 5 people resitting it?!? Microbiology on the otherhand is evil and there are 33 (including me) resitting it this summer. Its not my best topic, along with genetics

ReputationRep:
    yeah i've got one a week today Stressful times!! Its accountancy 1b iv got - our course is split up into two semesters, i got a B in first semester but failed second semester verrrry badly lol. I'm attempting to revise today but i just cant concentrate grrrrrr! during edinburgh festival as well....boo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisabethbridge)
    I pretty sure you don't. I've never heard anyone mention it.

Man, my resit is going to cost me 60 pounds! The uni has a set fee for everyone no matter how many exams you're sitting. :rolleyes:

iiii know!! i'm at edinburgh too and £60 is ridiculous compared to other uni's.... edinburgh obviously hates people who have resits lol. whats ur resit in?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how much they change the re-sit paper as they never seem to put it up for people to see. Do you think this means that the paper will be similar to the paper that you failed on? Question wise I mean

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.