Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone has actually got or applied for one of these. I saw Natwest's student account and jumped to it. The rail card will be extremelyhandy for me since you get a 1/3 off train fares which you can't complain about Plus trhe overdraft available looks handy (just in case...don't really want to use it though)

ReputationRep:
    ive got a natwest account with a £1400 overdraft which is all used up

im getting out of it slowly though! rail card is pretty handy for me seeing as i live on the other side of the country and 1 trip already saves me £30...which is more than the railcard is worth!

ReputationRep:
    I just got one with natwest, you don't get the overdraft until 20th August, if accepted at all. The railcard is a bonus but only really saves you £150.00 (£28.00 a year for 5 years) which is nothing when Halifax give you up to a £3,000 overdraft, regardless of how far into your course you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gazzab)
    I just got one with natwest, you don't get the overdraft until 20th August, if accepted at all. The railcard is a bonus but only really saves you £150.00 (£28.00 a year for 5 years) which is nothing when Halifax give you up to a £3,000 overdraft, regardless of how far into your course you are.
    Surely that's only if you don't actually use it? If you regularly use it for £30 tickets, for example, it's gonna save you £10 every time, so it saves you a lot more?

ReputationRep:
    I mean it costs £28.00 to buy one for a year

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather get it for free for 5 years from Natwest to be honest with ya. I'm constantly going to be travelling to Leeds and Wakefield and Moorthorpe from Huddersfield. So yeah, the train thing will be VERY handy

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.