Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently doing my AS levels at the moment in English Lang&Lit, Law and Sociology, however my lessons clash...therefore I have to drop English, which would leave me with 2 A-levels...
    Anyhow, I was just wandering if its possible to get a full A-level Psychology qualification in a year...

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Wrong subforum.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your college/sixth form rulings but I did AS and A2 chemistry in a year so it's possible.

ReputationRep:
    yupp I've just realised that its in the wrong section... someone move it??

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the same thing with Further Maths. It's definitely possible (I hope :rolleyes: )
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    yes, easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    yes, easily.
    Not easily :hmmm:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Urgh, if I'd done my whole psychology A level in a year I would've... done very badly. I wouldn't recommend it to be honest... Doesn't your 6th form have different 'slots'?

ReputationRep:
    Surely they can't force you to do only two A-Levels? I wouldn't have thought they'd want to really...

About psychology... it's not advisable. From what I've heard, there's a lot of information to learn and you'd find it difficult to remember in one year.

ReputationRep:
    yes, easily.
    which specification are you doing for psych?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxbah_boooxx)
    I am currently doing my AS levels at the moment in English Lang&Lit, Law and Sociology, however my lessons clash...therefore I have to drop English, which would leave me with 2 A-levels...
    Anyhow, I was just wandering if its possible to get a full A-level Psychology qualification in a year...

Thanks
    I near enough did AS and A2 in one year. It was because I failed AS. So I retook it and did A2 at the same time. For AS it was 3 papers, I retook 2, and did 2 papers and a coursework for A2.

And like others mentioned, depends on your college. Also, I did AQA Specification A. But now, the syllabus has changed, and I'm not sure about the A2 papers.

If you try hard enough you can do it.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt recommend it at all. I did it in two years and there is a LOT to learn. The most frustrating thing is you only need to actually know about 10% of it for the exams but the thing is you dont know whats going to be on the exam so youve basically gotta learn it all and some of it is hard as well as just about learning information.

I worked so hard for mine and came out with a B with 9 marks off an A overall so if you want to do well i wouldnt recommend doing it all in one year. Also, some of the AS work helps you in the A2 modules and exams..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoee)
    I wouldnt recommend it at all. I did it in two years and there is a LOT to learn. The most frustrating thing is you only need to actually know about 10% of it for the exams but the thing is you dont know whats going to be on the exam so youve basically gotta learn it all and some of it is hard as well as just about learning information.

I worked so hard for mine and came out with a B with 9 marks off an A overall so if you want to do well i wouldnt recommend doing it all in one year. Also, some of the AS work helps you in the A2 modules and exams..
    well couldnt she (or even me since im considering self studying alevel psychology in one year) just do the AS modules in January and study A2 modules in June?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Not easily :hmmm:
    very easily. =]

which specification are you doing for psych?
    im doing edexcel, but AQA is even easier tbh.

you?

ReputationRep:
    very easily. =]

you?
    Well I don't know what the Edexcel syllabus is like but you'd never be able to do a full psychology A level on OCR and pass. Ever.

At A2 you have 64 studies to learn from two topic areas, minimum. You'd never be able to learn all the psychology behind all of the as well as all the basic terminology and studies you learn at AS and be able to apply them. No ******* way.

ReputationRep:

you?
    Come back when you've sat AQA A PYA4 please.

ReputationRep:

you?
    Really?? Most people that took Psychology AQA in my sixth form (not sure if its A or B) failed. I think the highest grade was a C and only 3 people managed to get a C..

Anyhow, thank you for all the replies.. it has made me realised that this is going to be quite a challenge trying to get through AS & A2 in one year..considering how much you have to take in & the workload!

How does everyone find Psychology?

ReputationRep:
    Really?? Most people that took Psychology AQA in my sixth form (not sure if its A or B) failed. I think the highest grade was a C and only 3 people managed to get a C..

Anyhow, thank you for all the replies.. it has made me realised that this is going to be quite a challenge trying to get through AS & A2 in one year..considering how much you have to take in & the workload!

Hate it.

(Most of it)

ReputationRep:

I can't tell if there was a little bit of sarcasm there, but don't listen to him, he's a liar :sadnod:

But yeah, I loved psychology! No more of it for a year though while I finish my other A2s.

ReputationRep:
    If i did that i'd have failed so badly. There's a lot of information in both years to cover, so i wouldn't recommend doing it in a year ><

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 24, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.