Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My dad has seriously gone bonkers today! Watch

Argh!

I can't what I am going through at the moment. My dad has totally gone bonkers!

Last night I couldn't sleep for some reason, so I spent the night watching House MD on my laptop. When he came in my room in the morning and found me up - he totally went berserk! But after a while he went away.

By then I was kind of tired so I shut down my laptop and went to sleep. A couple of minutes he came around (It was 8 a.m.) and told me to get up and get ready - he wanted me to go with him to his office!

Although I was tired as ****, I got up, took a shower and got ready. He told me to take my books along with me because he wanted me to spend the day studying in his office (I am 17 years old and off from school for the summer! Jeez!)

Basically, he didn't want me to sleep - he wanted to teach me a 'lesson'. I managed to hold my self together for a while but then my mind seriously started to mess up. I could hardly keep my eyes open and began to have these suicidal thoughts. He actually had me wishing for death!

Later when we came home, he told me he wanted me to come along with him for a game of Golf. I was almost at the verge of tears but I tried hard to keep myself composed.

Seeing how I looked totally looked like **** - my mom somehow managed to convince my dad to let me stay home. But he made me promise; he made me promise that I wouldn't sleep.

So here I am (it's 6:03 p.m. right now)...all day he's been a chuckling. He seems so pleased to have come up with the perfect punishment. Punishment for what?! For staying up all night during my vacations! I honestly feel like punching him in the face!!! What a ******* *******. *******.

ReputationRep:
    Your dad is cool.

ReputationRep:
    Go to sleep and say that it's a human right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Argh!

I can't what I am going through at the moment. My dad has totally gone bonkers!

Last night I couldn't sleep for some reason, so I spent the night watching House MD on my laptop. When he came in my room in the morning and found me up - he totally went berserk! But after a while he went away.

By then I was kind of tired so I shut down my laptop and went to sleep. A couple of minutes he came around (It was 8 a.m.) and told me to get up and get ready - he wanted me to go with him to his office!

Although I was tired as ****, I got up, took a shower and got ready. He told me to take my books along with me because he wanted me to spend the day studying in his office (I am 17 years old and off from school for the summer! Jeez!)

Basically, he didn't want me to sleep - he wanted to teach me a 'lesson'. I managed to hold my self together for a while but then my mind seriously started to mess up. I could hardly keep my eyes open and began to have these suicidal thoughts. He actually had me wishing for death!

Later when we came home, he told me he wanted me to come along with him for a game of Golf. I was almost at the verge of tears but I tried hard to keep myself composed.

Seeing how I looked totally looked like **** - my mom somehow managed to convince my dad to let me stay home. But he made me promise; he made me promise that I wouldn't sleep.

So here I am (it's 6:03 p.m. right now)...all day he's been a chuckling. He seems so pleased to have come up with the perfect punishment. Punishment for what?! For staying up all night during my vacations! I honestly feel like punching him in the face!!! What a ******* *******. *******.
    Sounds like a complete and utter ****. Go to sleep, see what the **** he tries to do about it. If he intentionally keeps you up/hits you etc police with it?

(Original post by Hanoi)
    Your dad is cool.
    My dad's an *******.

Take him if you want. ****.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Sleep in his bed, that'll show him...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.psfk.com/wp-content/uploa...scal-video.png

6:03? Where do you live

That's totally unreasonable of your dad though, go to bed OP! Next time tell him you can't sleep cos its too hot at night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Sounds like a complete and utter ****. Go to sleep, see what the **** he tries to do about it. If he intentionally keeps you up/hits you etc police with it?
    "Police, POLICE! My dad won't let me sleep.. Arrest him!?"

ReputationRep:
    some people think im bonkers, but i just think im free... man im just living my life theres nothing crazy bout MEEEEEEEeeeEeEeEEeEeeeE

ReputationRep:
    Seriously you're 17. My children hopefully by the age of 17 would have 10 A-Levels already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Sleep in his bed, that'll show him...
    dont just sleep! **** somebody in his bed to serve him right!

ReputationRep:
    Murder him.

ReputationRep:
    Just deal with it. Only 1 more year of that crap before uni!

(Original post by Comp_Genius)
    Seriously you're 17. My children hopefully by the age of 17 would have 10 A-Levels already.
    Was that supposed to be funny? Maybe I'll laugh when I haven't been up for 24 HOURS STRAIGHT!!! ****!!!

ReputationRep:
    Pos rep for you.
    Oh, well done

I mean, tomorrow (dammit).
    Pos rep for you tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    LOL sounds like the type of thing my dad would do. Hard luck mate :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparxy)
    "Police, POLICE! My dad is practising an act of psychological torture on me.. Arrest him!?"

Unfortunately for some reason most if not all dads are anoying for some reason.

I've just had a lecture about life for not sending a text at midnight or something.

Since your mum seems to be on your side tell her you really need to sleep. I'm not exactly sure what you can do because you can't really keep yourself from falling asleep and if he's left the house how would he know you slept a little?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    "Police, POLICE! My dad is practising an act of psychological torture on me.. Arrest him!?"
    Rep for following the syntax of his post perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparxy)
    Uhm.. yea, child abuse. Id count not letting someone sleep specifically to 'teach them a lesson' a form of abuse though Im not a barrister or anything.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.