Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My dad has seriously gone bonkers today! Watch

Parents are absolute nutters sometimes. Just hold it together and remember only one more year before you can leave!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffercake)
    serves you right, you funking layabout.
    how is it ops fault if they couldnt get to sleep? :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de...yTired_big.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/hotels/1/0/x/H/...t_room_bed.jpg

how does this make you feel ?

I would just go to sleep but I'm afraid he'd beat the crap out of me if he found out! He's beaten me up before and I DON'T want to get beaten up again.

Oddly enough, he could've just beaten me up in the morning - instead he went for psychological torture this time round.

I have been up for 24 hours straight - is my brain being harmed or something?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Uhm.. yea, child abuse. Id count not letting someone sleep specifically to 'teach them a lesson' a form of abuse though Im not a barrister or anything.
    By the sounds of it, her Dad isn't really much of a physical abuser, he is just winding him/her up.. :rolleyes:

He isn't literally doing anything wrong.. The police would see it as to petty and trivial anyway..

Grow up.. So boring with stupid things like this and people are like "omg call da police!!1"..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparxy)
    By the sounds of it, her Dad isn't really much of a physical abuser, he is just winding him/her up.. :rolleyes:

He isn't literally doing anything wrong.. The police would see it as to petty and trivial anyway..

Grow up.. So boring with stupid things like this and people are like "omg call da police!!1"..
    So... psychological abuse doesnt exist anymore then?

ReputationRep:
    Some people think he's bonkers, but I just think he's free.

I am a guy by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Take all your clothes off, without a duvet, go to sleep, and I bet he won't touch you!

I'm serious!!!!

(Original post by yoyo462001)
    Youve been up for 24 hours and your acting like thats alot ages. I had about 4 hours sleep in 72 during last few days of my exam. 24 hours isnt alot at all by the time youve crossed the 5 am mark you feel nothing.
    People are diferent. Sleep deprivation has different effects on people so just because you felt alright with 4 hours sleep doesn't mean other people will.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go beserk if I found my kid was watching ***** TV programmes all night instead of sleeping too.

It's only 24 hours, and the lesson that your Dad is trying to teach you (in a perfectly fine way, tbh, my parents would do the same) is that you have to get by on no sleep sometimes. Besides, if it's 6pm there, then you've only got a few hours until 9pm, which is acceptable sleeping time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    how is it ops fault if they couldnt get to sleep? :eyebrow:
    Shoulda tried a bit harder and stopped being so useless.

How is watching House gonna help with the sleep?

Anyway, I bet OP'll sleep tonight. Alls well that ends well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comp_Genius)
    Seriously you're 17. My children hopefully by the age of 17 would have 10 A-Levels already.
    Good luck with that.

ReputationRep:
    Drink a shed load of coffee and keep him awake all night. Next time though, go to bed or at least pretend.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's OTT
    I guess you can't really complain though because you're the one who decided to stay awake all night :s

ReputationRep:
    Play along with his game, just sleep when he does, for a week or so, untill he just forgots about it and lets his guard down a bit. Then, let him sleep for an hour and wake him up saying their is an intruder downstairs, then he'll say there isnt and o back to sleep, half an hour later set of the burglar alarm and un back upstairs pretending to be asleep, etc etc all night so even if he knows your just waking him up (play really loud music) he isnt anything he can do about it.

Then in the moring wake up him and tell him you need to be taken shopping. Whne you get back order that you all go bowling together as a family activity and if he wont tell him that is family should be more important than sleep.

If he tries to beat you up then just kick him in the balls if you can, otherwise just ask a close family friend/relative if you could stay there for a while or untill uni (its only a year).

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I would just go to sleep but I'm afraid he'd beat the crap out of me if he found out! He's beaten me up before and I DON'T want to get beaten up again.

Oddly enough, he could've just beaten me up in the morning - instead he went for psychological torture this time round.

I have been up for 24 hours straight - is my brain being harmed or something?!
    Hi,

If it isn't too distressing, can I ask what he has beaten you up for previously? Is it for the same thing?

If he is a 'casual beater' and likes to cause arguments for the sake of it, then I am wholly sympathetic towards you. However, if he is merely pointing out (albeit unconventionally) that you ought to sleep during the night, and catchup on TV during the day - then I don't see the harm in that.

You mentioned he took you to the office? Do you have a job at all? Perhaps it's a subtle hint to you, that you should (like him) sleep during the night and either work or study during the day. It may seem unfair - especially with it being your holidays. But he doesn't seem to be unreasonable.

ReputationRep:
    grow a set of balls! its only ******* 24 hours of no sleep! do the 50+ hour plus challenge! again its only 24 hours....

ReputationRep:
    Boohoo you havent slept for one night, jeesus.

Your dads a legend!

PS. My sig>> This Thread.

ReputationRep:
    Poo on his face.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.