Turn on thread page Beta

My dad has seriously gone bonkers today! watch

ReputationRep:
    Don't listen to the fools crying "police" and "child abuse". Your dad was just trying to teach you a sensible lesson, if you find his parenting a problem you could just leave home. Bad sleeping patterns are bad for ones health and can lead to depression etc, and he may not want you wasting your life sleeping away - perhaps he wants you to get a job and contribute some money to the home that your staying in. Just a though.

What heartless ****** would call the police on their parents, I can't imagine how anyone could do that. Family above anything else.

ReputationRep:
    I love how H&R threads which aren't getting enough sympathy always bring in some other thing:
    ie. this one - "my dad used to beat me" comes after people point out to the OP that he is a pussy (which he clearly is)
    thread where the girl felt neglected because the boyfriend didn't put x in text messages or something - page 4 or something OP comes back and says the boyfriend cheated or something.

pathetic. if you're anonymous you can just stop posting instead of coming back and seeming more desperate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExNihilo)
    I can't believe how ridiculous all you people are. What the hell is wrong with you people?! It's his vacations, he's 17 and he can do whatever he likes with his time! To be honest, I think this dad should be taken to a desolate area and be beaten to an inch of his life.. with a laptop.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell? :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    well you could've just said no.. if i were in your shoes, he'd literally have to drag me by the hair to his office because nothing comes between me and my sleep.

ReputationRep:
    wow, to the OP grow a pair of balls your 17 just either stand up for yourself or whack him one. He obviously is trying to make you stand up for yourself or he really hates nerd like you who think staying up all night is normal. Get a part time job.

BYE

ReputationRep:
    Just let him drag you to the office?
    I would just sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Your dad is evil genius. THis is what I'll be like with my kids. Can't wait

ReputationRep:
    Sleep Deprivation is a form of tourture. Tell Him Fudgee off... and just sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Grow some balls and take the punishment like a man?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachi33)
    Sleep Deprivation is a form of tourture. Tell Him Fudgee off... and just sleep.
    except it's only one night without sleep, which is NOTHING. Michael jackson used to stay up all night practicing his dance moves. then dance all the next day

I can't sleep on planes so have missed up to three nights of sleep going on holiday to japan, hawaii, california, - and you usually miss a lot more on the jetlag later on. It's totally normal, quite fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandro)
    except it's only one night without sleep, which is NOTHING. Michael jackson used to stay up all night practicing his dance moves. then dance all the next day

I can't sleep on planes so have missed up to three nights of sleep going on holiday to japan, hawaii, california, - and you usually miss a lot more on the jetlag later on. It's totally normal, quite fun
    I know what your saying, a few times i have not slept for days, but i wernt forced to stay awake.

Are you still awake?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the OP's dad doing this, has served him a favor in switching his body clock so he now sleeps at 'normal' times.

ReputationRep:
    Baby P died for nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Baby P died for nothing.
    So.
    Not.
    Cool.

:mad:

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how many users are going to try and teach their children this 'lesson' in ten or so years time.

ReputationRep:
    Some people think he's bonkers, but I just think he's free :jive:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steventhfc)
    So.
    Not.
    Cool.

:mad:
    You're telling me! They took the joke too far, in my humble opinion.

ReputationRep:
    You're 17, if you want to go to sleep then do it. I slept in yesterday even though I was supposed to be going with my dad to his friends' house to eat but I hadn't slept all night. He let me sleep in because I'm 17 and old enough to decide for myself.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.