Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My dad has seriously gone bonkers today! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Sleep in his bed with his wife, that'll show him...
    Corrected. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    My dad use to treat me like this. Until I told him whose boss. Don't let him speak to you like that. Stand up for yourself, tell him your not going to his office because your tired and he should leave you alone to do what you want during the summer.

ReputationRep:
    dont push me cos im close to the edge, im trying not to lose my head.

ReputationRep:
    If you can't get to sleep, then drink a couple of beers, have a shot or two of Vodka. If that doesn't help knock you out, then there is always just banging your head against a wall until you knock yourself out.

Either way, sitting and watching DVD's will not help in the slightest. So assuming that you don't want to piss your dad (and probably your mum, not mom, we're not illiterate Americans) off unnecessarily, then get hammered and knock yourself out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur_de_haine)
    I wonder how many users are going to try and teach their children this 'lesson' in ten or so years time.

I certainly will if needs be, our eldest turns three in October so 'the trouble' will indeed start in about ten years. For the time being I just have to put up with their rather poor table manners and tendency to scream and cry whenever they don't get what they want. Hold on, pretty much the same as teenagers IIRC....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Argh!

I can't what I am g...

Although I .... I could hardly keep my eyes open and began to have these suicidal thoughts. He actually had me wishing for death!
    ...I wouldn't sleep.
    ...g my vacations! I honestly feel like punching him in the face!!! What a ******* *******. *******.
    you dad sounds like mine. My dad used to beat me when i was small. He beat me so bad once (when i was 8), because i didn't know how to read a 24 hour clock (got a nose bleed as a result) , he beat me when i got a spelling wrong calling me useless, and he uses me for personal gain for all his banking affairs. He even made him use his cash and them give him money as a check from student loans to help him avoid paying tax :eek3: and he bought me a laptop and travel card and then asked for the money back because i went on a holiday and said i had too much money and wanted his money back immediately. I mean dad is such a tight ******* - i HATE him and wish he would die.

As soon as uni is over and i get a job, i'm moving out and I plan to cut off all ties with my family, except my baby brother

Just do what you want I say. If he resorts to violence, report him to the police. That's the mindset i'm living with at the moment.

Chin up and be strong. PM me if u need any advise on tough parents. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    If you like House, hopefully my sig will cheer you up.

ReputationRep:
    he seems to have your best intrests at heart - but is doing it in a strange way.

My parents have no problem with me staying up till 3ish - as long as i wake up by 8.

As long as i do something for an hour or two in the garden/round the house - they are happy for me to spend the day/night out doing whatever i like - but they dont like me wasting the day - doing nothing at all - which i hazard a guess is what you are doing

(Original post by rorymac)
    If you like House, hopefully my sig will cheer you up.
    <3

I love House. xD

ReputationRep:
    More a social services issue rather than a legal one, you can't sue or have your father prosecuted for being harsh, plus your over 16 so you can leave home if you don't like it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.