Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    All in the title.

How do they feel about it? Or how would they feel if they found out?
    My parents wouldn't be would mad but they would disapprove a lot, as they think it is a filthy/stupid habit really?

The closest I've got is smoking a Cuban cigar, my parents don't mind that though since you don't exactly buy and smoke one every day.

ReputationRep:
    yes they know and have done since i was 15

ReputationRep:
    I think it's quite hard to hide when your clothes stink of smoke and your mum is the one who washed your clothes.

ReputationRep:
    yeah my parents know :| my mum found out first (never try to 'hide' your fag packets in your school bag.
    and then my dad found out. never 'hide' your fag packets in your jeans :| lol

they hate it. my dad has never spoken to me bout it, simply said to my mum your daughter you deal with it. mum shouted and said she wanted me to stop.

if only it was that easy to jus stop :|

ReputationRep:
    When I used to smoke, I was certain my mum knew. But when I got older, she claimed to never know (mother, I stank of disgusting smoke, how could you not know?!).

Don't smoke now, but if my kids grow up and smoke, I'll know straight away and I'll kick their funking a$$

ReputationRep:
    heh

ReputationRep:
    Yer. They don't like it and I don't do it infront of them.

ReputationRep:
    they know i smoke shisha, well presumably since my dad joins in at times.

But i dont smoke cigarettes

ReputationRep:
    Yes they knew but what could they say?. They too were smokers.

ReputationRep:
    No they don't

They'd probably be dissapointed

ReputationRep:
    i quit smoking only a month or two after i started. my parents never found out - but they dont live in the same country so its not hard for me. saw the light though and quit before it got too hard to quit. My mum did smoke when she was my age for about a year.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I only get away with it since my mum smokes about 30 a day and pretty much has done all her life. She'd go mad if she found out I did... (Why can parents do that, get mad about something they do, or used to do- the *****).
    Since I have no privacy, it's hard to do it out of the window, unless she's out or watching TV with the door shut, and even then it's risky since she'll notice it smells upstairs. I also can't throw my butts where she does since I smoke Sobranies (black and gold cigs...)

Sigh, all this talk is making me want to have a cigarette. Which I can't have.

ReputationRep:
    I think they must tbh, it's hard not to notice that I come in from nights out stinking of smoke, but they've never mentioned it to me. Guess they think it's my life to muck up :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I stopped before I really started, but my mother knew. She wasn't angry or anything, just wanted to tell me I would regret it. I think it might have to do with her staring up every time she visits one of her sisters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubstepper)
    yeah my parents know :| my mum found out first (never try to 'hide' your fag packets in your school bag.
    and then my dad found out. never 'hide' your fag packets in your jeans :| lol

they hate it. my dad has never spoken to me bout it, simply said to my mum your daughter you deal with it. mum shouted and said she wanted me to stop.

if only it was that easy to jus stop :|
    If it's so hard to stop you shouldn't have smoked in the first place.
    All the chavs at my school smoke and think it's "cool"
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarubobo28)
    If it's so hard to stop you shouldn't have smoked in the first place.
    All the chavs at my school smoke and think it's "cool"
    :facepalm:

LOL i never knew it was gonna be so hard u twit. otherwise of course i wouldve stopped. sheeesh talk about stating the bloody obvious

ReputationRep:
    I started smoking just shy of my 15th Birthday. My parents didn't find out until I was about 16 but were not happy.... but I tried to stop.

When I smoked- My Mum was OK with it on the rules that:
    1) No smoking in the house
    2) Not to smoke in her presence

I gradually cut down and now, I havn't had a cigarette in 9 weeks and I hope I never smoke again

ReputationRep:
    Nop. Partly because I don't live with them, and partly because I don't smoke.

When i used to my mum did, but she could never really say anything because she did and still does
    smoke. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Yes they know. And they have both smoked for a long time. And my grandparents smoke as well so its really not an issue. Its nice when we have a smoke together.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.