ReputationRep:
    i dont smoke iam not cool enough

ReputationRep:
    mum found my stashed carton of lucky strikes in the garage

there disappointed but i enjoy it
    its now more of a dark joke in our house now :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubstepper)
    LOL i never knew it was gonna be so hard u twit. otherwise of course i wouldve stopped. sheeesh talk about stating the bloody obvious
    Yeah, there was no point telling this to you because you already smoke, but it was kinda like aimed at people who don't smoke - because apparently it's not all that "bloody obvious", and you're a good example of someone who regrets smoking no? (I could tell by how you talked there, but yay because that's the way to go, if you want to give up you can, and people do succeed)
    Too bad you were uneducated at school... all schools should have PSHEs and assemblies on this issue
    Good luck in giving up, you wouldn't want sticky black lungs all clogged up in tar :yes: (<- also "bloody obvious" )

ReputationRep:
    Not a full time smoker my self BUT I respect individuals who don't smoke infront of their parents.

For example my brother of 30 NEVER smokes infront of my dad. It's respect i guess. Yes our father knows he smokes! Mums usally hate it regardless.

ReputationRep:
    My mum knows and is pissed off and has been for months and keeps bringing it up and i tell her to shut up or just walk off, so...

My dad knows & doesn't/doesn't seem to care. Cool ****

ReputationRep:
    Both my parents know i smoke now :cute:

They both disapprove, and think it's a stupid and filthy habit. Every now and then they go on rants about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarubobo28)
    Yeah, there was no point telling this to you because you already smoke, but it was kinda like aimed at people who don't smoke - because apparently it's not all that "bloody obvious", and you're a good example of someone who regrets smoking no? (I could tell by how you talked there, but yay because that's the way to go, if you want to give up you can, and people do succeed)
    Too bad you were uneducated at school... all schools should have PSHEs and assemblies on this issue
    Good luck in giving up, you wouldn't want sticky black lungs all clogged up in tar (<- also "bloody obvious" )
    We were ******* propagandised at school about smoking, doesn't make a difference, hasn't made a difference, won't make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarubobo28)
    If it's so hard to stop you shouldn't have smoked in the first place.
    All the chavs at my school smoke and think it's "cool"
    of all the popular conceptions of what cool is amongst chavs, smoking is probably the least retarded of them all.

I mean hell, frankly, it DOES look cool. Sometimes. Sometimes you just look like a desperate addict -_-

ReputationRep:
    People who think smoking makes them look cool are intrinsically moronic.

ReputationRep:
    my mum found out a few weeks ago, so wasn't very happy about it i got a lecture on how smoking kills (as if i don't already know that). I told her i quit but i still manage to smoke when i go out or out of the bathroom window. When i smoke out of my room window the whole stinks.

ReputationRep:
    Protip: If you lean out your window and hold your cig upwards and out of the window, it smells far less (unless your room is tiny). I dont do that because its rly inconvenient, but nonetheless, it works.

ReputationRep:
    they caught me smoking and they are not happy about it but well, as long as i dont smoke in the house its fine ... they disapprove, yet, they disapprove about mmost things i do so ...

ReputationRep:
    i smoke sometimes.
    i told my mum i'd tried it
    not that i smoke when i go out.
    shed kill me as she nearly died from it
    yes, im stupid i know. dont smoke.

ReputationRep:
    I think my mum would actually cry if she knew haha.

My dad wouldn't mind so much, seeing as he's a smoker himself. I actually think that they'd be angrier if they knew that I smoked cigarettes than if they knew I smoke bud, cos **** are a regular thing, and weed isn't (so much).

I wouldn't say I'm an addict, so I never feel the need to have one when I'm at home. It's just a way to pass free periods/lunch ha.

ReputationRep:
    Well I only have a few cigars a year, so I doubt that my case counts.

ReputationRep:
    Haha my parents are okay with me smoking weed, but they were horrified when they saw me smoking regular **** with my friends. I only smoke when I'm drunk though, really. And I haven't for a year so I don't think I will again. I was never addicted but I came close.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't smoke, but my boyfriend does.

He told his parents himself; when they lit up, he went outside and did the same. They could hardly reprimand him for it...

ReputationRep:
    my mum found out because she guessed and only made one comment (when i coughed - 'it's probably all the smoking') but hasn't said any more.. i know she disapproves though.

i never see my dad, and the last time i did, i lit up without a thought.. he's been smoking for about 60 years so he can't say anything.

ReputationRep:
    my parents don't mind cause i dont smoke!

ReputationRep:
    They didn't until i decided to smoke out my window and because my mum used to live in a smoke smelled house as a child, she recognized it. I have a smoke alarm in my room now, hahaha. But i have given up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.