Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I got an interview tomorrow at the Oxford Circus H&M. Has anyone been through an interview with them before? Also I dont know whether is a temporary job (just for the sales) or not. in the latter case will i have a good chance to get hired considering that they might need many people?

ReputationRep:
    Oh thats nice, how did you apply for that job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super'girl)
    Oh thats nice, how did you apply for that job?
    You just go on their website and apply online.:hat2:

ReputationRep:
    Mrxela, i got an interview at H&M today too, how weird. I am really confused though, which one is the Oxford circus 1. theres one near the station on Oxford street and one on Regent street right by the exit but I am not sure which one is THEE Oxford circus 1. Noone seems to actually know either, I actually asked in store and they themselves were confused. gonna visit both just to be sure.

good luck Mrxela, i think its only one position and its permanent. xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pollypockethadalocket)
    Mrxela, i got an interview at H&M today too, how weird. I am really confused though, which one is the Oxford circus 1. theres one near the station on Oxford street and one on Regent street right by the exit but I am not sure which one is THEE Oxford circus 1. Noone seems to actually know either, I actually asked in store and they themselves were confused. gonna visit both just to be sure.

good luck Mrxela, i think its only one position and its permanent. xxx
    The 1 in da corner right in front of the tube station, I think my interview went well and was quite informal as well. I hope it's not for just 1 position otherwise I'm screwed. cos I told them that I'm a student and i can work full time until October then as Part-Time. Also they asked me if i applied for any other retail ....and i said Topman...:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    when i went for my interview the girl said they didnt employ temp staff

ReputationRep:
    Mrxela, he he too late, i got there fine though..in the END.... Doy its the one right by the station. Yes they were both really nice. It's not for one position. I asked the guy and he said LOADs of positions (about 10). Yes teapot, they do not employ temps. They said they are employing alot in preparation for christmas. Yes thats weird, they asked me if I applied for any other retail but i just said no...ONLY H&M, LOL.

i hope you get the job! we should find out next Mon or this fri evening earliest. He said he is doing interviews until Friday then he will contact everyone and there are different starting dates.

ReputationRep:
    Mrxela, he he too late, i got there fine though..in the END.... Doy its the one right by the station. Yes they were both really nice. It's not for one position. I asked the guy and he said LOADs of positions (about 10). Yes teapot, they do not employ temps. They said they are employing alot in preparation for christmas. Yes thats weird, they asked me if I applied for any other retail but i just said no...ONLY H&M, LOL.

i hope you get the job! we should find out next Mon or this fri evening earliest. He said he is doing interviews until Friday then he will contact everyone and there are different starting dates.
    I'm glad to hear they have more positions..:woo: ...i just told them the truth.. "I really wanted to work for h&m but i couldn't rely only on 1 retail, so i applied for Topman but unfortunately I didn't get the job that's it"...lol...hope u get the job too! it's just a matter of days now...:dance:

ReputationRep:
    damn i used to work in h and m but then i left because i wanted to concentrate on my exams. there seem to be no vacancies online - so i cant get a job with them again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icantw84uni)
    damn i used to work in h and m but then i left because i wanted to concentrate on my exams. there seem to be no vacancies online - so i cant get a job with them again

just keep checking on the website careers section and apply straight AWAY. As soon as i saw the London one and applied, they took it down soon after really quickly. I think its because loads of people in London are looking for jobs

yes mrxela, they can't kill you forr telling the truth, it's only natural that 'looking for a job' involves applying to loadas places. The h&m interview is really informal compared to other places, Topshop oxford circus was crazy ..THREE INTERVIEWS.

ReputationRep:
    hey! have you heard anything your interview?

ReputationRep:
    I applied online last week for the Sheffield store, but now when I log into the website and click My Jobs it says 'You have not applied for any positions'. The job isn't advertised on the website anymore either, so I don't know what's up.
    Did you get it?

ReputationRep:
    well, same happened to me. but a week later they called me for the interview. so i'd say it's a normal thing.

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's good to know then. Have you heard back after your interview?

ReputationRep:
    nah mrxela nothin yet, doubting i got it : ( the guy said it would be mon so i'm getting scared. Hope you get lucky though ; ).xx

ReputationRep:
    nah mrxela nothin yet, doubting i got it : ( the guy said it would be mon so i'm getting scared. Hope you get lucky though ; ).xx
    I've received the letter...i didnt get the job..

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview there yesterday, think it went alright. How long did it take for you guys to hear a response?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shirley7)
    I had an interview there yesterday, think it went alright. How long did it take for you guys to hear a response?
    It took 2 weeks. Are they still interviewing people?..LOL!!gd luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrxela)
    It took 2 weeks. Are they still interviewing people?..LOL!!gd luck.
    Thanks, not sure if they're still interviewing people. When I was there they said they had interviewed 7 or 8 people so far and would get back to me in a couple of days. It's been 4 days and so far nothing . . . gotta keep hoping

ReputationRep:
    yes Mrxela same, they suck! Hopefully ou will fin something better though. basically if you do not get a reply for retail in London within a week you should basically take it that you did not get the job. Always ask at interviews when hey well get back to you, with h&m they promised to get back to me on Monday (I had the interview on Friday) , so the fact that they did not get back to me and left me waiting 2 weeks kinda licked that I did not get the job. good luck though shirley.

yes h&m send a rejection postcard, soooo degrading*sigh*...it does not even have your name on it lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 20, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.