Turn on thread page Beta

Odd behaviour watch

ReputationRep:
    Right there's this friend of mine and he seems to have part of his brain missing at times.
    He doesn't seem to have any empathy atall and wont show any unless it's to his advantage, for example he randomly kicked this innocent hedgehog to death a few months ago whilst laughing :eek: . He also tries to run over animals whilst driving :eek: , and when this boy died that knows loads of people in our town he just made loads of jokes about it, he also asked me the other day 'would you even care if you stole someone's wallet?', he also tried to steal his best mate's girlfriend. He also likes to bully people when he's infront of others (maybe he thinks it'll gain him respect?). If he meets friend's of his friends, he'll say horrible things about his friends so that they'll lose their friends(sorry if that's confusing).

Another thing is that he doesn't seem to understand forms of slapstick humour and he's like 'whaaat that's stupid' and he always questions you if you do anything that might be seen as strange, as if he's very unsecure about everything.

Anyone know whether this is typical of some kind of behavioural disorder? I'm asking this because he really gets on my nerves and comes across as a very unlikeable person sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    He's probably had a troubled past. But yeah, he sounds like a douche.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be freinds with ***** like that, he sounds like he may have a problem with him though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't think you should associate yourself to him anymore. He sounds like an atrocious human being.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like autism, tbh.
    That, or he's just a really nasty person, who I'm certain wouldn't be my friend for long.

ReputationRep:
    sociopath??

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like Autism, to me...
    Either that, or =/

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to dissociate from him though because he can behave quite friendly infront of other people like my family, and he's always phoning up asking if I want to come out, my mum thinks he's really nice so it's difficult to say no.
    He's not that of a bad person towards me so it's hard to say, I don't like you, leave me alone.

ReputationRep:
    He can borrow my straight jacket, he needs more then I :stupid: :eek3:

http://www.tylerfyre.com/images/Web-...cream2_000.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    That sounds like autism, tbh.
    (Original post by Yasmeenax)
    Sounds like Autism, to me...
    Either that, or =/
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    :facepalm2:
    Yes? You're the one doing psychology, care to give a better response? Either way, there's a screw loose somewhere if somebody acts like that.

ReputationRep:
    ditch him

ReputationRep:
    Yes? You're the one doing psychology, care to give a better response? Either way, there's a screw loose somewhere if somebody acts like that.
    The most concerning thing is that you're giving a medical diagnosis when you are an apparent nobody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    The most concerning thing is that you're giving a medical diagnosis when you are an apparent nobody.
    I put that it sounds like something.
    Even more concerning would be that the OP takes on a 'medical diagnosis' from myself, an apparent nobody, on an internet forum. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Leave him, he just wants to be different.

(Original post by Maniachris)
    Right there's this friend of mine and he seems to have part of his brain missing at times.
    He doesn't seem to have any empathy atall and wont show any unless it's to his advantage, for example he randomly kicked this innocent hedgehog to death a few months ago whilst laughing :eek: . He also tries to run over animals whilst driving :eek: , and when this boy died that knows loads of people in our town he just made loads of jokes about it, he also asked me the other day 'would you even care if you stole someone's wallet?', he also tried to steal his best mate's girlfriend. He also likes to bully people when he's infront of others (maybe he thinks it'll gain him respect?). If he meets friend's of his friends, he'll say horrible things about his friends so that they'll lose their friends(sorry if that's confusing).

Another thing is that he doesn't seem to understand forms of slapstick humour and he's like 'whaaat that's stupid' and he always questions you if you do anything that might be seen as strange, as if he's very unsecure about everything.

Anyone know whether this is typical of some kind of behavioural disorder? I'm asking this because he really gets on my nerves and comes across as a very unlikeable person sometimes.
    I know a person like that.

Sociopath fo sho :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I put that it sounds like something.
    Even more concerning would be that the OP takes on a 'medical diagnosis' from myself, an apparent nobody, on an internet forum. :rolleyes:
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maniachris)

Maybe you're the wierd one if you think slapstick is funny.

ReputationRep:
    These are acts of a psychopath, killing animals etc. Be VERY aware.

And i hate people who bully to gain respect and a higher social status :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    Whoever said "autism", what the ****? Autism = impaired verbal speech and difficulties with social interaction. How does that relate to what OP just described?

The guy's obviously a ********, one with serious social/psychological issues. Have you known him for long? Does he come from a troublesome background? I wouldn't associate with him tbh, he's going to break you too eventually.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 5, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.