Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied for student finance a while ago, and nothing came through. I just recieved an email today saying:

You indicated on your application that you wish to apply for student finance based on your household income. However, we cannot determine your full entitlement until we receive all of the necessary financial evidence.

We are still:

* Awaiting Sponsor2 Financial Evidence

What does this mean? and do i have to anything?

It also says the deadline is also approaching and that if they havent recieved the evidence above, then i might not recieve my grant in time for my course, does anyone know when this deadline is?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Have your parents sent in all their financial documents? e.g. P60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikinmad)
    Ive applied for student finance a while ago, and nothing came through. I just recieved an email today saying:

You indicated on your application that you wish to apply for student finance based on your household income. However, we cannot determine your full entitlement until we receive all of the necessary financial evidence.

We are still:

It also says the deadline is also approaching and that if they havent recieved the evidence above, then i might not recieve my grant in time for my course, does anyone know when this deadline is?

Thanks

Your parents have to send off details about household income to determine grants but everything else should be fine. When i did student finace last year i didnt send anything off til early august and everthing was still done in time so do not worry too much at the moment

ReputationRep:
    I've got a similarish problem... I was non-income assessed and awarded full everything, then I received a letter telling me to send in evidence of my estrangement from my parents to be assessed for the grant. I rang them and they told me I'm not estranged, so sent me a form for my mum to fill in.

When I rang them again, they told me to sign & send back the non-income assessed declaration, then send back the form my mum filled out so they can income-assess me for the grant seperately.

It's been a month now and I've heard nothing... the status on the site just says 'approved' where my non-income assesed finance has been sorted, but it says nothing about the grant or about them receiving the evidence from my mum.

Did anyone else have this sort of issue with the paper forms?

ReputationRep:
    Well i have a sister whos in her last year of uni, and my parents sent away the evidence for her, and my parents also rang up, and student finance said, it would be ok if she just sent in the evidence for my sister, as they could use that for me aswell, but they must not be able to?

ReputationRep:
    Well i have a sister whos in her last year of uni, and my parents sent away the evidence for her, and my parents also rang up, and student finance said, it would be ok if she just sent in the evidence for my sister, as they could use that for me aswell, but they must not be able to?
    Has your sister's application been processed yet, or does it say that they are also awaiting evidence for her?

If neither application has been processed, then it may just be that the evidence is stuck in the huge backlog of mail that they are struggling to cope with.

ReputationRep:

We are still:

Thanks
    I recieved the exact same email, so my mum rang up to ask them which two extra pieces of evidence she needed to provide, and they said that they are really behind, and that this email has been sent out to some people by mistake, and that actually the evidence provided was enough.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.