Turn on thread page Beta

which countries are closed countries? watch

Announcements
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Tourists are allowed in N. Korea, on state run tours.
    Really? **** I NEED to go there.

(Original post by Bateman)
    No it wasn't, i am putting you on my ignore list. You're an obnoxious troll that posts in and argues, in every thread i visit/
    Yeah, that's me :rolleyes:

". highly objectionable or offensive; odious: obnoxious behavior.
    2. annoying or objectionable due to being a showoff or attracting undue attention to oneself: an obnoxious little brat. "

From just what dictionary tells me, it is infact YOU who fit the bill for obnoxious. It is unfortunate for you that now that i'm on your ignore list you won't see me rip into your, in your own words, "obnoxious" and "troll"ish posts every time i get the opportunity. Have a good one :top:

ReputationRep:
    Kircaldy. Not closed but deemed unsafe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bateman)
    No it wasn't, i am putting you on my ignore list. You're an obnoxious troll that posts in and argues, in every thread i visit/

How is that trolling? He was merely stating fact.

oh yeah, thanks for the neg rep!!

'Iran? You gullible ****. Maybe put down the newspaper and read a book. Iran is a tourist paradise. ' :p:

I didn't disagree that many tourists might go there I was just saying that certain people might have difficulty in entering Iran.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovay)
    How is that trolling? He was merely stating fact.

oh yeah, thanks for the neg rep!!

'Iran? You gullible ****. Maybe put down the newspaper and read a book. Iran is a tourist paradise. ' :p:

I didn't disagree that many tourists might go there I was just saying that certain people might have difficulty in entering Iran.

I didn't neg rep you, you sound like the sad person who cares about rep, hope you enjoyed my positive rep.

ReputationRep:
    Iran? Were it somewhat less 'closed', it would be on the 'to do' list - I imagine the Persians left lots of awesome UNESCO shizzle behind

ReputationRep:
    americans aren't allowed in cuba XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovay)
    Somaliland, South Ossetia, Moldova, Trans-Dniester or Iran?

I'm not too sure whether these type of countries would be classed as being 'closed' but they're certainly not where most tourists would go.

Some of these countries might not have a proper state goverment or the country isn't recognised by the international community so getting passports and visas ect is difficult or might have to be done on the black market and international businesses don't business there.

There was a series by Simon Reeve a few years ago called 'places that don't exist' which is about a few of the countries above.

I know places like China, Russia and Iran can get a bit iffy with foreigners sometimes with things like visas etc
    I reckon you can go to Moldova easily. Some friends went of a 'eastern europe' tour thingy of the Ukraine and Moldova, and had no problems.

Plus, it's in the Eurovision Song contest, so can't be that isolated. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovay)
    I don't doubt that it's a beautiful country but it can be hard for americans to get a visa for that country and it is a closed country for those that are israeli or have been to israel
    Not if you get the visa stamp on a separate piece of paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learner_dancer)
    Really? **** I NEED to go there.
    :ditto: That would be fascinating.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    :ditto: That would be fascinating.
    I reckon we could all start a spy-ring and organise a trip there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learner_dancer)
    I reckon we could all start a spy-ring and organise a trip there...
    Yeah I'm up for that.

ReputationRep:
    Kuwait is pretty much closed for tourists .. but not for foreign labour
    and as for business is kinda closed e.g. a foreigner cannot own more than 49% of a company share

ReputationRep:
    Myanmar (Burma) but I think that's land borders only, you can fly in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovay)
    Somaliland, South Ossetia, Moldova, Trans-Dniester or Iran?
    No Iran's fine with tourists, but some special cases apply

(Original post by Sovay)
    I know places like China, Russia and Iran can get a bit iffy with foreigners sometimes with things like visas etc
    Yeah but mostly Americans...and sometimes the British....

(Original post by Blatant Troll)
    Iran? Were it somewhat less 'closed', it would be on the 'to do' list - I imagine the Persians left lots of awesome UNESCO shizzle behind
    No..it's not closed to the average tourist....

ReputationRep:
    Iraq to tourists-although some have got in...

Iran is very difficult to get a visa for.

ReputationRep:
    It is easy to get a visa for Iran if you're not American/ Israeli and sometimes even British.

I prefer it this way, it is not too good for the economy, but it isn't filled with tourists and so it is great when i go there for Holiday and will be great when i go to live there.

It gets a lot of tourists from China/Japan/India/Germany and i prefer them to Americans.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind going on a state run tour in North Korea. I'd probably tie it into a visit to China.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would not support the North Korean state...

A lot of Middle Eastern countries won't let you enter if you have been to or are from Israel. It is not just a question of using a 'differnt piece of paper' either as they will look at the entrances and exits used in neighbouring countries and find the gap. It is possible to make some land crossings and enter certain places certain ways but the only sure-fire way would be to go years later on a new passport. Even if you have dual nationality and multiple passports immigration would investigate and check both as you would still have the missing links. Y'all should google it, it's quite interesting.

(and I agree about Kirkcaldy)

ReputationRep:
    Saudi Arabia is pretty difficult I believe. Possible, but not for most tourists. Iran is easy for Europeans as long as you leave a long time to get your visa.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.