Turn on thread page Beta

Do I need to sign up to UCAS again? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you have just had your first year at university, but want to start again at another university via the clearing process in August, can you use your existing UCAS account to apply, or do you need to sign up all over again?

ReputationRep:
    I think you have to sign up again, or at least that's what I did when I reapplied, but maybe I did it wrong, lol
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    You need to sign up again for the next cycle.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    As stated, sign up again.

However it might be possible to transfer to another university in you enjoy your course.

ReputationRep:
    So I take it that I just apply to UCAS again as an individual, as opposed to through a 6th form which I did last year. Then, after putting in my details, results, personal statement, I presume I would then be eligible for clearing?

One issue is that I am waiting for one A level resit result. How would my new UCAS account automatically receive this result when it comes out in August?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You still need a reference. However, if you're applying as an individual you input this yourself. You'll need to ask your old uni or 6th form if they can provide this.

UCAS automatically receives A Level results from exam boards. There's a sticky in the UCAS subforum that tells you how to entre resits correctly on your UCAS form.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, also, would it be possible for me to use the reference that I used last year from my old sixth form tutor if I ask him?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You would need to ask your tutor. Also, some bits will be old now, so it will need updating

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.