Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student Loan P60's - Sent 2009 ones instead of 2008 - That OK? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The Student Loans Company doing my head in as per usual... I sent them 2009 P60's because I couldn't find 2008 ones, do you think this will be OK? Surelythe more recent the better? =/

ReputationRep:
    p60? Surely that will only be for the year 2008/09 so the latest one will be the correct one that you need to send.

ReputationRep:
    Well i was confused as to why they were asking for 2008 ones as well so i gave them a ring, and it turns out they do require 2008 ones.

However, if you've already sent a 2009 one, there's this another form you can send off which'll enable them to estimate how much your eligible for based on the 2009 info you've provided them.

I'll just take a quick browse and post you the link to the form.

Phone them up if you need more info

ReputationRep:
    is this for financial assesment based on your income?

I was told to send in my last three years because to fully qualify. I am being assessed on my full time income from the last three years as I have been financially independant though.

They are absolutly useless though and i seem to get told something different each time i call. I applied well in advance and now im actually worried about getting my full funding in place on time.

Send as much as possible and send it recorded because it seems to go "missing". eight weeks and still nothing on their system to say its covered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    is this for financial assesment based on your income?

I was told to send in my last three years because to fully qualify. I am being assessed on my full time income from the last three years as I have been financially independant though.

They are absolutly useless though and i seem to get told something different each time i call. I applied well in advance and now im actually worried about getting my full funding in place on time.

Send as much as possible and send it recorded because it seems to go "missing". eight weeks and still nothing on their system to say its covered.
    I am in the same situation, only I have been told I did not earn enough to be assessed as independent student. The trouble is, I actually did, according to their own regulations, so I complained and am also seeking advice from my MP.

I applied back in February and am still awaiting my P60's to be processed. Ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    They require the 2008 P60. No assessment will be based on the 09/10 tax year without the 07/08 year being finalised first, to ensure the 15% drop is met.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_22)
    I am in the same situation, only I have been told I did not earn enough to be assessed as independent student. The trouble is, I actually did, according to their own regulations, so I complained and am also seeking advice from my MP.

I applied back in February and am still awaiting my P60's to be processed. Ridiculous.
    since feb! thats nuts. at this rate ill be waiting until the following school year before i get my money.

I didnt know there was a minimum amount to qualify. I have earnt 20-24.5k each year so im just about under.

Its so frustrating that we have to rely on a government body thats so useless for something so important.

Everything run by the government is a let down though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.