Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    can people whose eye floaters went away or got treated comment here on how they got rid of them

please would b gr8

ReputationRep:
    I like mine. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Arn't they just dead cells? I think they go away on their own...

Saying that, I have no medical knowledge whatsoever. Check wikipedia or ask a med student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    I like mine. :awesome:
    You like yours? :lolwut:

Sometimes I feel like scratching my eyes out lol they're so irritating

ReputationRep:
    You can't get rid of them. There is no treatment for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlosb)
    You like yours? :lolwut:

Sometimes I feel like scratching my eyes out lol they're so irritating
    Uh-huh, omfgz they're so cool. :w00t:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, what exactly is an eye floater? I think I know what you mean but I want to be sure...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mouches-volantes.com/gall...e-floaters.jpg

ReputationRep:
    are they quite common then? 'Cos I've never had one...

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater#Treatment

ReputationRep:
    Very annoying when theyre just off centre, and youre trying to read.

ReputationRep:
    This site is well worth a look http://www.vitreousfloatersolutions.com

NB. Does say that the ones that lads in their twenties get tend to be the ones that cannot be treated

ReputationRep:
    I have a small one, which I think was caused by scaring from a fat girl who poked my eye with her nail.:yes:

ReputationRep:
    I have a lot more than I used to a couple of years ago - they dont bother me that much - interesting to look at when you lying in the bath lol

ReputationRep:
    Well my dad has floaters and he's quite old
    it's where the jelly in your eyeball deteriorates and causes blurring to your vision by casting shadows on your retina
    there IS a treatment for it on the NHS but it has to be TERRIBLE before you get it
    and they replace all the jelly in your eye ball
    don't ask how because I have nooo idea.

edit: if you have floaters and a curtain comes across your vision, go to the hospital because it means you have a detached retina and need emergency treatment - floaters in your eyes mean an increased risk of this

ReputationRep:
    i got mine after my left eye was open and got shoved back into its socket in a rugby match...i had a PVD (Posterior Vitreous Detatchment) whereby the retina peeled away slightly from the back of the eye but not bad enough for it not to heal...however the pigments, cells etc released when this happened are still in my eye nearly 2 years later lol

ReputationRep:
    I like mine...they're fun to watch when you should be doing an exam...I often wonder if I look a bit crazy though

ReputationRep:
    I can hardly ever see mine.
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    :nospam:

Stay on topic please

ReputationRep:
    wow, I didn't realise there was a medical term for them. I sometimes get them in my eye, usually when looking out of the window or something, I see clear spots on my eye which move when I move my eye too, as described on the wiki page. Thanks for posting this actually

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.