Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello all,

Basically, yesterday i woke up with a sore throat and i felt very weak and tired, and i barely ate anything throughout the day because i had lost my appetite.

Today when i woke up for school today i felt dreadful, as if i had been punched multiple times around my body, especially my left shoulder and arm. I was also still incredibly tired, even though i went to sleep at around 6pm last night. I've been coughing quite disgusting painful flemy coughs all day. I also have been breaking out in cold sweats, but my temperature hasn't gone up considerably. My mum got worried and booked an appointment at the gp for 4:30pm today, because she just wants to make sure i don't have swine flu. But i don't really want to go now because i've been taking cough syrup and parecetamol and now i don't have any body pains except for around my shoulder, and my cough has gotten a bit better.

So should i go or not? It'd be a bit embarrassing to turn up at the gp ranting about swine flu when i don't feel in pain physically anymore.

ReputationRep:
    If you do have flu symptoms you should not go to the GP.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - there's a big sign up in my GP saying not to go in if you feel fluey.

You should probably stay inside (just in case), and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    yeh if you have flu symptoms you should arrange a home visit from the doctor. if you are still not sure why dont you ring the NHS helpline?

ReputationRep:
    Call the doctor and stay indoors if you're worried.

ReputationRep:
    if your fluey you need to call the doctors and they will send someone out to check on you

ReputationRep:
    DONT GO TO THE GP IF YOU HAVE FLU SYSMPTOMS!! you MUST CALL the GP and ask for a phone appointment and explain that you have symptoms of swine flu. If the docs feel that you do they will perscribe you the drugs needed and some one OTHER then your self must collect them from the Chesmist. going out will only spread the infection.

Information taken from the NHS Liverpool PCT Staff Breif on Swine flu

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.