Turn on thread page Beta

Please give me a good ANIME to watch watch

ReputationRep:
    hellooo
    its the summer holidays and I thought i'd try something new to pass the time.
    I used to watch animes like pokemon/digimon/cardcaptors (which was my favourite!!)/medabots/beyblade/sailor moon...etc... when I was a bit younger but I haven't watched any new programs (or any of them again for that matter) for a few years-except for some of the shin chan english episodes. (which are hilarious by the way!)
    check it out if u have time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeNBd...rom=PL&index=2

so...i know that there are quite a few anime geeks on here, could any of you recommend a good anime for me to watch/get into? I'm not really sure what i'm looking for....but if you give a little description or something then that would be really helpful.

Thanksss

ReputationRep:
    hmm

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann :awesome: - like the smiley says full of awesomeness
    Death Note - guy finds deathnote uses it to kill people, genius anime you must watch
    Code Geass - like a Death Note lite but with mecha
    Kannagi - some great comedy
    School Rumble - Comedy and romance, one of my favs
    Fullmetal Alchemist - a couple of brothers, adventure, alchemy, pretty good especially the 2nd half of the series
    Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - some girl who is GOD and does some cool stuff
    Lovely Complex - hilarious romcom
    Elfen Lied - gore awesomeness

ReputationRep:
    guyver - its awesome

or more westernised stuf try yugioh

ReputationRep:
    Azumanga Daioh :love:

ReputationRep:
    dragon ball ZZZZ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    guyver - its awesome

or more westernised stuf try yugioh
    urgh not yugioh! what's guyver about?

erm..i'm looking for something a bit more adult than stuff like yugioh, aimed at teenagers i guess and with a bit more romance in it.

I know i wasn't very specific so...its my fault..im not really sure what i'm looking for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayman)
    dragon ball ZZZZ
    haha i have a friend who loves that! he even did some paintings of some of the characters for his art gcse!

ReputationRep:
    FULL METAL ALCHEMIST

I can't beleive i've watched loads of Anime's, but never this oneup till now. I'm on episode 19 and i've gotta say this is one of the best.

i would also recommend for the summer: Deathnote, Claymore, Naruto and Bleach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raspberryice)
    haha i have a friend who loves that! he even did some paintings of some of the characters for his art gcse!
    lol yeah ive tried drawing a few in my time. its all about the hair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayman)
    lol yeah ive tried drawing a few in my time. its all about the hair!
    ha yeah, and the eyes!

ReputationRep:
    vampire knight!!! Seriously I love it, and it has romance too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    FULL METAL ALCHEMIST

I can't beleive i've watched loads of Anime's, but never this oneup till now. I'm on episode 19 and i've gotta say this is one of the best.

i would also recommend for the summer: Deathnote, Claymore, Naruto and Bleach.
    what's it about? ...or any of the others?

ReputationRep:
    FullMetal Alchemist. Watch it! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SleepingSelene)
    FullMetal Alchemist. Watch it! :yep:
    wikipedia time!

ReputationRep:
    Oh and Studio Ghibli as well! Spirited Away, Howel's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, Wizard of Earthsea!- (taken from the Ursula le Guin series).

ReputationRep:
    what's it about? ...or any of the others?
    I Don't wna ruin the Story for you, but it's an amazing anime and at some points extremely sad.

DeathNote is a famous intellectual anime.

Claymore is an action anime.

Bleach and Naruto are known all around.

But I'd Say start off with Full Metal Alchemist Definitely :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Naruto
    Bleach

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon.

You could watch the film "spirited away" it's a japanese anime film. It's pretty good.

Haha, jayman: what's with the black gem? I thought you wanted neg. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    urgh not yugioh! what's guyver about?

erm..i'm looking for something a bit more adult than stuff like yugioh, aimed at teenagers i guess and with a bit more romance in it.

I know i wasn't very specific so...its my fault..im not really sure what i'm looking for...
    guyver is a more adult one,

its about an alien bioweapon that attaches itself to a human teenager and about the evil monster making company that wants it back

it is one of my favourites

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.