Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please give me a good ANIME to watch Watch

ReputationRep:
    hellooo
    its the summer holidays and I thought i'd try something new to pass the time.
    I used to watch animes like pokemon/digimon/cardcaptors (which was my favourite!!)/medabots/beyblade/sailor moon...etc... when I was a bit younger but I haven't watched any new programs (or any of them again for that matter) for a few years-except for some of the shin chan english episodes. (which are hilarious by the way!)
    check it out if u have time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeNBd...rom=PL&index=2

so...i know that there are quite a few anime geeks on here, could any of you recommend a good anime for me to watch/get into? I'm not really sure what i'm looking for....but if you give a little description or something then that would be really helpful.

Thanksss

ReputationRep:
    hmm

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann :awesome: - like the smiley says full of awesomeness
    Death Note - guy finds deathnote uses it to kill people, genius anime you must watch
    Code Geass - like a Death Note lite but with mecha
    Kannagi - some great comedy
    School Rumble - Comedy and romance, one of my favs
    Fullmetal Alchemist - a couple of brothers, adventure, alchemy, pretty good especially the 2nd half of the series
    Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - some girl who is GOD and does some cool stuff
    Lovely Complex - hilarious romcom
    Elfen Lied - gore awesomeness

ReputationRep:
    guyver - its awesome

or more westernised stuf try yugioh

ReputationRep:
    Azumanga Daioh :love:

ReputationRep:
    dragon ball ZZZZ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    guyver - its awesome

or more westernised stuf try yugioh
    urgh not yugioh! what's guyver about?

erm..i'm looking for something a bit more adult than stuff like yugioh, aimed at teenagers i guess and with a bit more romance in it.

I know i wasn't very specific so...its my fault..im not really sure what i'm looking for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayman)
    dragon ball ZZZZ
    haha i have a friend who loves that! he even did some paintings of some of the characters for his art gcse!

ReputationRep:
    FULL METAL ALCHEMIST

I can't beleive i've watched loads of Anime's, but never this oneup till now. I'm on episode 19 and i've gotta say this is one of the best.

i would also recommend for the summer: Deathnote, Claymore, Naruto and Bleach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raspberryice)
    haha i have a friend who loves that! he even did some paintings of some of the characters for his art gcse!
    lol yeah ive tried drawing a few in my time. its all about the hair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayman)
    lol yeah ive tried drawing a few in my time. its all about the hair!
    ha yeah, and the eyes!

ReputationRep:
    vampire knight!!! Seriously I love it, and it has romance too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    FULL METAL ALCHEMIST

I can't beleive i've watched loads of Anime's, but never this oneup till now. I'm on episode 19 and i've gotta say this is one of the best.

i would also recommend for the summer: Deathnote, Claymore, Naruto and Bleach.
    what's it about? ...or any of the others?

ReputationRep:
    FullMetal Alchemist. Watch it! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SleepingSelene)
    FullMetal Alchemist. Watch it! :yep:
    wikipedia time!

ReputationRep:
    Oh and Studio Ghibli as well! Spirited Away, Howel's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, Wizard of Earthsea!- (taken from the Ursula le Guin series).

ReputationRep:
    what's it about? ...or any of the others?
    I Don't wna ruin the Story for you, but it's an amazing anime and at some points extremely sad.

DeathNote is a famous intellectual anime.

Claymore is an action anime.

Bleach and Naruto are known all around.

But I'd Say start off with Full Metal Alchemist Definitely :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Naruto
    Bleach

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon.

You could watch the film "spirited away" it's a japanese anime film. It's pretty good.

Haha, jayman: what's with the black gem? I thought you wanted neg. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    urgh not yugioh! what's guyver about?

erm..i'm looking for something a bit more adult than stuff like yugioh, aimed at teenagers i guess and with a bit more romance in it.

I know i wasn't very specific so...its my fault..im not really sure what i'm looking for...
    guyver is a more adult one,

its about an alien bioweapon that attaches itself to a human teenager and about the evil monster making company that wants it back

it is one of my favourites

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.