Turn on thread page Beta

Please give me a good ANIME to watch watch

ReputationRep:
    Code Geass :coma: That is a show
    And naruto but that's not really that adult with the anime :rolleyes:
    Also one piece

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh wow)
    Oh and Studio Ghibli as well! Spirited Away, Howel's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, Wizard of Earthsea!- (taken from the Ursula le Guin series).
    I've seen the spirited away film-it kinda freaked me out when her parents turned into pigs! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    guyver is a more adult one,

its about an alien bioweapon that attaches itself to a human teenager and about the evil monster making company that wants it back

it is one of my favourites
    haha sounds oddly dodgy!...maybe that's just me. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raspberryice)
    I've seen the spirited away film-it kinda freaked me out when her parents turned into pigs! lol
    Haha yeah... the other's would probably have a similar effect on you then, but if you feel you can get past that I do highly recommend them :yes:

ReputationRep:
    haha sounds oddly dodgy!...maybe that's just me. :rolleyes:
    I Watched CardCaptors, but it was the dub version when it was on nickelodeon like 5/6 years ago. I even remember watching Sailermoon Dub on one of the channels aswell :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Kanokon.

Meh. You HAVE to watch Code Geass dude/dudette! There are many other great ones for sure but Code Geass <3 <3 <£

ReputationRep:
    definitely second the recommendation for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (action/mecha/awesomeness-in-general). it gets a little slow in the middle, but the ending makes it totally worth it!
    Death Note (thriller/slight-macabre?) is also good, a pretty intense watch lol.
    I'd recommend Bleach (action), but it's VERY long and after 60 episodes or so, they started filler episodes (which were absolutely awful). up til that point, it was great tho ;D

if you're interested in reading manga at all, then I'd say read the Bleach manga rather than watch the anime, the art is a lot better and no useless filler storylines! lol
    also, the Katekyo Hitman Reborn (action/comedy) manga is really funny, and the action gets pretty kickass later on. it's a kind of humour that I feel didn't really translate to the anime properly, so I'd avoid the anime if I were you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    I Watched CardCaptors, but it was the dub version when it was on nickelodeon like 5/6 years ago. I even remember watching Sailermoon Dub on one of the channels aswell :confused:
    haha yeah, those are the ones! although I have seen the cardcaptor sakura film and some of the subtitled episodes.

ReputationRep:
    haha yeah, those are the ones! although I have seen the cardcaptor sakura film and some of the subtitled episodes.
    I'd still highly recommend Full Metal Alchemist. I'm sure you would definitely love it.

ReputationRep:
    If you read manga then I suggest you also read FMA because the manga and anime are completely different.

Ichigo 100% is a romance themed comedy, and One Piece is the best thing to come out of Japan since ninjas. Yeah it starts off slow (like every other anime/manga) but then gets awesome fast.

ReputationRep:
    Naruto
    Bleach
    One piece
    Death note
    katekyo hitman reborn
    All good Animes

ReputationRep:
    Some of my favourites are:

Death Note - intelligent and gripping
    Code Geass - Fabulous
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Great script and a bit quirky
    Fullmetal Alchemist - A classic, really great story
    Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann - Awesome in its purest form :awesome:
    Eureka Seven - fantastic story and great characters
    Last Exile - Beautiful animation and competely gripping plot
    Escaflowne - Romance and mecha, another classic
    Fushigi Yugi - one of the best romance anime
    Fruits Basket - Great romcom, one of my favourites in the genre

I could go on all day, but I don't want to swamp you :redface:

ReputationRep:
    Still have never watched Full Metal Alchemist :o: I guess I know what I'll be doing for the next few days!

ReputationRep:
    In ranking order ;
    S. Dragon ball/Z/GT
    1. Bleach
    2. Code geass
    3. Naruto
    4. Death note
    5. Full metal alchemist
    6. Berserk
    7. Claymore
    8. Generator Gawl
    9. Elfen Lied
    10. Sword of the stranger (Movie)

That's just my preference xD

ReputationRep:
    Mushishi
    Gintama
    Detroit Metal City - if u havnt already watched it - epic, definitely over 9000 xD
    KissxSis or smth like that

i haven't watched any anime stuff for ages....

description for these here:
    http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=main
    :>

ReputationRep:
    Tenchi Muyo!

ReputationRep:
    Id reccomend,

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan
    Death Note
    Code Geass
    Beck
    Fullmetal alchemist
    or Fullmetal alchemist:Brotherhood, its a remake that is currently airing but it follows the manga this time
    Higurashi no naku koro ni
    Princess Mononoke
    and Gungrave

I think thats enough for now:redface:

ReputationRep:
    um non its crap?

ReputationRep:
    Definite must watch is Death Note, it's my favourite
    Second, higurashi no naku koro ni - Very suspensful, mystery, murder, and cleverly put together.
    Vampire Knight
    And I'll get back to you when I think of my other favourites.

ReputationRep:
    For something slightly different (albeit sort of ghibliesque), try Mushishi... quite beautifully made.
    For something funny, go for Azumanga Daioh. Must-see.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.