Turn on thread page Beta

PSP: Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops or Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Im going on holiday soon and I was just wondering which game out of the two in the title are best. Not just for holiday use (time to finish game) but in general.

I have looked at some ratings but I thought that a direct comparison may be better to make the better choice

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akin)
    Hey,

Im going on holiday soon and I was just wondering which game out of the two in the title are best. Not just for holiday use (time to finish game) but in general.

I have looked at some ratings but I thought that a direct comparison may be better to make the better choice

Thanks guys
    For me, the best direct comparison i could personally give is that Portable Ops is a bit of a slow starter, at least in comparison to other Metal Gear games, whereas Dynasty Warriors just seems to me really easy to pick up & play, in the sense that you can do the same attack & its like 100000 combo lol, which is why if you say in general id definitly go for Portable Ops, a far better story for me & more complex & smart to play, unlike Strikeforce which for me is more of a run around and slash things, :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterMcPete)
    I only have MGS:PO, but I can safely say it is easily the best PSP game I have played. The graphics are great, as is the gameplay, and the storyline is fantastic and has loads of replay value. I have had it for 2 years now and played about 200 hours, which is a lot for a PSP game. Also the multiplayer aspect is very good, and there are loads of characters to unlock which takes a long time. Overall I would highly recommend it.
    Good lord 200 hours? okay i must be undervaluing this game then, il get cracking from tomorrow ,
    But yeah, to the OP as well, definitly a better choice than Dynast Warriors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterMcPete)
    Yeah I know, tell me about it! Tbf it is the only game I have actually properly played, the others I have probably only played 5-10 hours. Bear in mind I have had it for 2 years!
    Lol fair enough, suppose over the course of two years youd clock up a good number of hours no idea why, I just stopped playing after around 30 minutes into it, cant honestly remember why.. ah well, guess I'l get back to it!

ReputationRep:
    The Dynasty Warriors formula was stale at number 2 on the PS2, why on earth KOEI keep making them I don't know

ReputationRep:
    I have MGS: PO, but I never really got into it.
    It does drag a bit.

ReputationRep:
    OK. Thanks guys

Pretty much unanimous. Portable Ops it is over Dynasty.

But one more thing

Would anyone recommend Dynasty Warriors?

I actually bought Portable Ops but just wondering

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 15, 2009
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.