Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This is sort of a rant more than anything but also could use some good advice.

It's the summer holiday and it has been for me and my friends for about 3 weeks now. I've been pretty bored though due to usually just staying at home as most of my really close friends have gone on holiday or have gone to see family.

Anyway, as some of you who use Facebook might know there's this way for you to win tickets (for you and someone else) to see singers/bands at different places (I'm not sure where exactly, forgot). A few quite close friends of mine have actually won quite a few times yet they've never even asked or invited me to come to the gig or anything. There's two close friends who have won tickets and between them I think they've won 5 or 6 times yet they've never asked me even though 2 or 3 times it was a band/singer that I really liked. Instead, they've asked other people who they aren't even that close friends with to come with them. Honestly I'm just really annoyed - I mean they are close school friends and the people they are bringing are other school friends yet they aren't that close with them (we're in the same friendship circles but those guys aren't really unless we get together in a big group).

I didn't even know about it at all till like the 4th time that someone won and this isn't me not being available because I'm on MSN a lot and so are the close friends yet they've never discussed it or even bothered asking. I did even ask once (which felt really awkward) but they said that they had already chosen someone else to go with them (and they had only won the tickets like 10 minutes prior to me asking).

It's really making me doubt what sort of friends they are to be honest. I mean I can understand if it was 1 time that it occured but it's occured 6 times which is quite insane as I regard them close friends and at school (and outside of school too) we usually hang out when we get together as a group and we talk a lot on MSN and stuff yet they don't even bother asking me or even telling me about it at all.

ReputationRep:
    Are they inviting females?

As it would be far better to have females tag along, instead of dragging along more sausage... If it's other guys though, maybe they just don't like you?

(Original post by James')
    Are they inviting females?

As it would be far better to have females tag along, instead of dragging along more sausage... If it's other guys though, maybe they just don't like you?
    One of them is a girl and the other is a guy. They've invited a mixture of guys and gals so I don't think it's them trying to get closer with anyone.

Well, I hope not. I mean in school we hang out a lot and even when we go out we are always pretty much the same group (a few others and them two too) so it's not like they don't like me because they have asked me before but it's more like during the summer they've been more distant it seems - can't understand why though - nothing has really changed or anything.

Anyone got any advice to what I should do? I'm really annoyed - should I tell either of them that?

ReputationRep:
    Just talk to them outright and tell them how you feel, ask calmy for any sort of explanation. Friends shouldn't do that if you guys are meant to be so close, if they can't give you a decent reason for their behaviour, then maybe they're not real friends after all...

ReputationRep:
    You sound annoying, and desperate, play hard to get.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they just wanted to spend some quality time with the people they don't get to see that much or hang out with much. To be honest you can't just expect they would invite you even if they are close friends so I think you're being slightly unreasonable by saying you are annoyed... though I can kinda see where you're coming from I guess.

Yes I can understand that maybe they wanted to spend some time with other friends they don't see that much - good point.

Sit back, go with the flow and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    Ask them about it.
    Again.
    They may want to spend quality time with other friends. But when are they going to spend quality time with you?

I think I'll just ask and see what they say. However, it's happened a few times too with other things and they always say they just forgot or something which could be true but I mean we're talking on MSN and stuff and their Display name is even to do with winning tickets yet they still can't remember - sort of find it hard to believe.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.