Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE would a current student be so kind as to locate some photographs of the rooms at Queen Mary, especially France House. Myself and some others would be extremely greatful to know the size/shape/furniture included so to be prepared for what to bring/buy.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OoFaithoO)
    PLEASE would a current student be so kind as to locate some photographs of the rooms at Queen Mary, especially France House. Myself and some others would be extremely greatful to know the size/shape/furniture included so to be prepared for what to bring/buy.

Thanks in advance!
    Hmmm, I've never lived there, though I can tell you what rooms definitely come with:

Bed (mattress incl, but bring your own linen)
    Desk
    Shelves
    Lamp
    Internet cable
    Swivel chair
    Noticeboard and pins
    Cupboard
    Chest of drawers

Some rooms come with a mini fridge also.

As for what to bring, this page is quite useful:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._To_University

Here's a photo of one of the rooms, though it may not be France House (they're all the same tbh though, if you've seen one you've seen them all)

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help! If anyone could find pictures of France though I would be very grateful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OoFaithoO)
    Thanks for your help! If anyone could find pictures of France though I would be very grateful.
    You're welcome. Also, cheers for the rep.

ReputationRep:
    Flats in France house have a bath, and are alot larger than the standard ensuite rooms! At the moment the University are renting them out to hostel guests as the highest standard of room!!! They are nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    As for what to bring, this page is quite useful:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._To_University

Here's a photo of one of the rooms, though it may not be France House (they're all the same tbh though, if you've seen one you've seen them all)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Lol, i love the fact that 'rape whistle' is listed :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.