Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Need your help, any answers are greatly appreciated.

How often do you check the weather forecast on the internet in the morning to decide on what to wear for the day? If so which websites would you use?

I'm trying to do some research on how much we may rely on sites like bbc weather forecast, metcheck.com, metoffice etc rather than sticking our head out the door in the mornings.

Thanks for your feedback.

Nikki

ReputationRep:
    What I wear has nothing to do with the weather. If it's cold or wet I might put a jacket on.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I try to check the bbc weather in a morning to see what the weather is like.

Uusally though it's just to see if I should wear a jumper/coat/jacket or none or whether I may need an umbrella.

It's also not just for the time I head out of the house, but for later in the day when coming home....it's important to know whether it'll be raining on your way home even if it's sunny in the morning. So 'sticking my head out the door' in the morning wouldn't help with that

If I do check the weather (I usually do, for interests sake, rather than anything), I either watch the BBC Weather at half 10 the night before, or catch it on BBC Breakfast in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think ive ever done that intentionally before :

I might have caught the weather on Tv or something and then picked up a jacket when I may not have bothered otherwise, but as above, I dont recall a time where ive consciously checked the weather before leaving the house- unless I was away for a couple of days or something.

ReputationRep:
    I never go on the computer in the morning so i don't check websites, but i sumtimes catch it on the news, n for goin out later i go on bbc weather, even tho its always wrong!

ReputationRep:
    I look outside. Then I put clothes on.

ReputationRep:
    I don't which is stupid of me when I end up getting drenched or baking hot :rolleyes:

The only time I check the weather is when I'm going somewhere like the beach. If I was to check I would more than likely use BBC to check and it's set to my local area.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say I've never checked the weather on a website in the morning before deciding what to wear.Normally just a quick look out the window and I ALWAYS have an umbrella in my handbag just in case

ReputationRep:
    Unless I have very specific plans (beach, garden party), I literally just look out of the window and decide. I usually don't have the time to check anyway, mornings are not my kind of thing...

(Original post by nikki_sol)
    Need your help, any answers are greatly appreciated.

How often do you check the weather forecast on the internet in the morning to decide on what to wear for the day? If so which websites would you use?

I'm trying to do some research on how much we may rely on sites like bbc weather forecast, metcheck.com, metoffice etc rather than sticking our head out the door in the mornings.

Thanks for your feedback.

Nikki
    It depends on how long I'm going to be out for. If I'm out all day then I usually use the BBC website to check the weather and I check the weather on tv too. If I'm only going out for a short period of time I usually just stick my head out the window

ReputationRep:
    metoffice, i used to use bbc weather but don't like the new layout. tis nice to know the potential for rain that day so i can decide on footwear

ReputationRep:
    I'll check bbc weather if like, im going to london for the day or something. but not on a day to day basis

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.