Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you wanted to buy a car and the ad said "free haynes manual" with the car. Would you still buy the car? Or would you think that theres a problem with the car?

ReputationRep:
    Well at least you'll be able to fix it if there is something wrong. Ask the seller if he bought it for the car and why.

ReputationRep:
    ha ha ha If I were selling my car I think I would give my haynes manual with it, God I never thought of that what a great Idea!! what else does the ad stay, what service history does the car have? how many miles, what age, how many owners etc?

why would you keep a manual if you didnt have the car anymore?

ReputationRep:
    3rd owner, car is 1998 ford fiesta, 82,000 milage, costs 995 pounds, is that good?

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    Obviously not then

ReputationRep:
    Hmm i would negoiate it down to about 700 quid...then its ok. The fact that it comes with a haynes manual is insignificant.

ReputationRep:
    We have workshop and/or haynes manuals for almost every car we own, including one of the modern ones. I wouldn't take it to mean there's anything wrong with the car, just that someone has taken an active interest in upkeep on the car by themself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasey101)
    3rd owner, car is 1998 ford fiesta, 82,000 milage, costs 995 pounds, is that good?
    that sounds good! less then anual millage 3 owners in 11 years not bad! My car is 2002 and has done 70,000 miles!! I do ave millage! Im hoping to get a Mazda T2 or Sport but not in green!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Charlski)
    We have workshop and/or haynes manuals for almost every car we own, including one of the modern ones. I wouldn't take it to mean there's anything wrong with the car, just that someone has taken an active interest in upkeep on the car by themself.
    This.And just to be on the safe side, make sure you check the car over when you go to see it, take someone with you who knows about cars if you have to.

ReputationRep:
    Not getting it anymore. Engine (1.4) too much, which increases my insurance a lot.

ReputationRep:
    lol x 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasey101)
    Not getting it anymore. Engine (1.4) too much, which increases my insurance a lot.
    is it your first car? I started out with a 1.9 diesel engine! it was a renult clio! my insurnace was about £1000 then I got a 1.4 306 and that was about 800 now I have a 1.2 punto and the insurance is 500 but there are cars with bigger engines that are lower groups because of the Ncap ratings etc.

But yes I would go for a 1.2 but dont get a saxo thats the typical boy racer car! lol get a 1.2 fiesta, quite cheap or corsa.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.