Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all.

I have a BSc Maths from Imperial College, London, followed by 4 years unrelated work experience. I now want to retrain as a secondary / A-level Maths teacher, and am keen to get going this September if possible. My first two choices would have been King's College or Reading University, but it looks like I missed out on clearing there.

I have been in talks with London Southbank who do have places, but there are at the bottom of the PGCE table which makes me a little wary. I am currently in full-time employment, and don't want to risk not getting a job at the end of the course by rushing things.

Could anyone please advise me as to whether I should wait and go to my first choice in Sept 2010, or go for it at Southbank this year. Anyone who may have experience actually studying there, if you could offer any advise on the course and prospects after, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thanks for your response and sorry it has taken so long for me to reply. I do now have an interview at Reading, one of my first choices, and am very hopeful! Thanks for the offer, I think Suffolk would have been a bit far as I am in Surrey, but I do appreciate the advice!

Thanks again

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.