Because they cant offer the same as a 'bad boy'
    They can't offer this, right?:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=968127

ReputationRep:
    because theyve got no brain cells

ReputationRep:
    They want to be the one girl that can change them

ReputationRep:
    Some girls have insecurities. They have a hole deep inside that needs filling.

That's right, there's a subtext.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rt6)
    They can't offer this, right?:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=968127
    its a big thread, whats your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enchanté)
    Because they're stupid?
    Without a doubt the correct answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondyx)
    its a big thread, whats your point?
    My point is that it's the age old problem of girls thinking that they can change them. You started that thread complaining about being cheated on, yet you explain why you go for 'bad boys'. So, if you know what they're like, then surely it shouldn't come as a surprise if they cheat on you?

ReputationRep:
    cuz we fly

ReputationRep:
    like what? a player?
    i think everyone deserves to be treated with respect and well as long as they are not as ******** themself. People who choose to date them are stupid but they deserve to be treated well. thats my opinion anyway :-p
    I agree that initially everyone deserves respect and that everyone should be treated well. If you go into a relationship not knowing someone very well and they then turn out to be a prick, then fair enough. I just have little sympathy for people who consciously choose to go out with someone knowing full well that they will treat them badly, mess them around, cheat on them etc.
    It gets to a point where you deserve what you hold out for I think. If you arent prepared to wait for a nice guy to come along, and will settle for anyone, then why do you deserve any better than that? Thats just how I see it.

ReputationRep:
    I can think of lots of reasons actually

1. stereotypical bad guys are confident, charming, funny, interesting, fun, macho, attractive. nice guys dont have normally have these qualities
    2. its flattering when someone like this wants to be with you over other people (even if it is for a short while)
    3. insecurities. lack of confidence, thinking u cant do better, bad past relationship experience, low self esteem etc
    4. you think it will be different
    5. you make excuses for them
    6. stupidity
    7. they are never boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rt6)
    My point is that it's the age old problem of girls thinking that they can change them. You started that thread complaining about being cheated on, yet you explain why you go for 'bad boys'. So, if you know what they're like, then surely it shouldn't come as a surprise if they cheat on you?
    you know nothing about my situation. I started the thread talking about how i dont like players in general, i never started talking about one in particular.

ReputationRep:
    I can think of lots of reasons actually

1. stereotypical bad guys are confident, charming, funny, interesting, fun, macho, attractive. nice guys dont have normally have these qualities
    2. its flattering when someone like this wants to be with you over other people (even if it is for a short while)
    3. insecurities. lack of confidence, thinking u cant do better, bad past relationship experience, low self esteem etc
    4. you think it will be different
    5. you make excuses for them
    6. stupidity
    7. they are never boring
    Fair enough. Then why be surprised when the inevitable happens?
    Also, about past relationships, surely this is a self perpetuating thing? You were in a bad relationship, so you move onto another bad relationship? You can't have your cake and eat it.

ReputationRep:
    you know nothing about my situation. I started the thread talking about how i dont like players in general, i never started talking about one in particular.
    I'm not just talking about your particular one. My point is, you started a thread about hating players, yet you list reasons for falling for them? Maybe it's just me, but surely if you know the downside, you'd be a bit more cautious? (Not just you, but girls generally?)

ReputationRep:
    like what some people said them makes them attracted to them, but tbh when they are heart broken and confused why they did this.. its pretty obvious ..... so STFU and stop attention seeking, they pretty much want some 'drama'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rt6)
    Fair enough. Then why be surprised when the inevitable happens?
    Also, about past relationships, surely this is a self perpetuating thing? You were in a bad relationship, so you move onto another bad relationship? You can't have your cake and eat it.
    why are you starting an argument about it?
    dont be so rude, you dont know anything about me and my past relationships, you dont understand
    i made a ******* mistake, i dont need to listen to digs about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rt6)
    I'm not just talking about your particular one. My point is, you started a thread about hating players, yet you list reasons for falling for them? Maybe it's just me, but surely if you know the downside, you'd be a bit more cautious? (Not just you, but girls generally?)
    i dont like or agree with what they do but at the same time i can see why people are attracted to them. its not like i only ever date or like players

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rt6)
    I assume it's because some girls consciously tell themselves they're not going to "fall for it" despite being fully aware that they're going to get heartbroken but because they exagerrate superficial things to be something more than what they are, they believe to be different to all the other girls when it's all part of a routine.

ReputationRep:
    Bad boys have charisma, but I wouldn't stay with a cheater. No way José.

Nice guys are much better in the long run.

If you want some fun, go for a bad boy. If you want a relationship then nices guys never fail. :love:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.