Turn on thread page Beta

So why do some girls....... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondyx)
    why are you starting an argument about it?
    dont be so rude, you dont know anything about me and my past relationships, you dont understand
    i made a ******* mistake, i dont need to listen to digs about it.
    Who's starting an argument? I'm asking questions. Seeing as you already just started a thread slating them, yet writing down their positives in this thread, it would make sense to direct the questions at you. No, I don't know your situation, but I'm not taking digs at you or your situation. You were able to list reasons as to why they seem attractive, so I'm questioning the list.

ReputationRep:
    Nice guys are generally shy and may be afraid to talk to the girls yet they may have the looks.

The bad guys are loud and thier not shy and generally have convos with the gals. So naturally the bad guy will get more relationships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rt6)
    Who's starting an argument? I'm asking questions. Seeing as you already just started a thread slating them, yet writing down their positives in this thread, it would make sense to direct the questions at you. No, I don't know your situation, but I'm not taking digs at you or your situation. You were able to list reasons as to why they seem attractive, so I'm questioning the list.
    Their personality traits are attractive usually, but i dont like what they do. Yes its a bad idea to date one because it will probably end up in getting hurt, but i can why people are attracted to them. I have been attracted to a few before so i was explaining why people go for them. Nice traits, bad people. Thats just my opinion

ReputationRep:
    'Bad boys' have the charm and charisma (and usually looks) to attract girls. They know how to play it so that they get what they want.

ReputationRep:
    They reckon they can be the one to change him. Then eventually they grow up. Oh how I long for that day.

ReputationRep:
    Its not about being a bad boy, its how flipping confident you are in yourself. Think about how many successful people (both work and women) are "bad boys" (not many) who actually get classy women, again its about knowing what you have and not being afraid to have standards. Girls pick that off from a mile (:

ReputationRep:
    Coz badboys are normally alpha males ie. confident bordering arrogance, can voice his opinion out the loudest so his humour and conversation skills are known, has an exciting lifestyle e.g. goes out all the time and has a good body.

The nice guy isnt the alpha and is confident but has insecurities, doesnt go out most of the time, his humour is only 'on display' when he speaks in turn. Is goodlooking but doesnt brag about it and isnt normally quite as goodlooking as the badboy.

And girls well teenage girls are normally attracted the the alpha male.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Choose a boy who's a player , and will inevitably cheat on them , and then feel all heartbroken afterwards ?. When they could have easily chose a boy who's not a player/cheater and can offer the exact same as a " Bad boy ".
    You sound like a gay!

ReputationRep:
    Bad boys can be tamed. I've hanged around with some of the worst, so I'd know. The problem is that it won't happen until they hit their thirties, because they won't want a family any time sooner (children is the only thing which might make them want to finally settle and stay faithful). So you can forget about ever taming a "bad boy" before that age period, let alone while they're in college. This is when they're trying to get all the "bad" out of their system, so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Cause bad boys are attractive. They are confident, good humour and they aren't boring. That's why, women can't help but be attracted to them. So they shack up with them hoping to tame them, and it fails. Horribly.
    Just about sums it up.

It's the confidence, it really is. My current is typical bad boy, and the bold is probably why I got with him. Yes, shoot me, I deserve to get messed around, but all is well thus far, probably because he's had more than his fair share already :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farmboy_Pip)
    why do guys do the same thing with slaaags?

because they're sexy

personally, i would never go out with a player.
    Pretty much really.
    Girls go for the "bad boys" and guys for the "****s".
    There we go, something to complain about regarding both genders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
    Pretty much really.
    Girls go for the "bad boys" and guys for the "****s".
    There we go, something to complain about regarding both genders.
    Not quite. Guys aren't normally like, "OMFG, I FELL IN LOVE WITH SOMEBODY WHO I KNEW WAS EASY LIKE SUNDAY MORNING AND NOW AM ANGRRRYYYYYY!!111". The frequency of "OMFG, I KNEW HE WAS A PLAYER BUT NOW HE'S SEEING OTHER PEOPLE!!!1111! UNBELIEVABLE!" threads are much higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondyx)
    Because they cant offer the same as a 'bad boy'
    this

ReputationRep:
    I'd always opt for a 'nice' guy over a player.
    I've seen so many players I know what i'd be letting myself in for, and i'd much rather settle for someone whose interested in me and not on the constant prowl at the same time

ReputationRep:
    'cause the boy's fit and dangerous

And girls are dim and easily impressed.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard several comments saying bad boys are charming....WTF?? The reason why they are bad boys is because they have no respect and AREN'T charming.

Good girls like bad boys
    Good boys like bad girls (which i suffer from)

I swear there's a song like this...

ReputationRep:
    Clearly you have not met all girls...

or perhaps you're just looking at the wrong type of girls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_and_spice)
    Clearly you have not met all girls...

or perhaps you're just looking at the wrong type of girls?
    It's probably because I'm young , girls are all so *****y at this age it's just immense. Nice profile picture btw , you're a cutie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by by n0c0ntr0l)
    Cause bad boys are attractive. They are confident, good humour and they aren't boring. That's why, women can't help but be attracted to them. So they shack up with them hoping to tame them, and it fails. Horribly.
    Ok out of those 3, I would tick the last 2 boxes. But what do you mean by boring exactly? just curious (and im not a bad boy!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by repoman)
    Ok out of those 3, I would tick the last 2 boxes. But what do you mean by boring exactly? just curious (and im not a bad boy!!)
    Yeah you can tick all the boxes without being a ****.

And I meant they aren't predictable. So it's exciting, you odn't know what he'll do next. So for example rather than getting her chochlate or something all the time, you leave her like one box hidden under her pillow randomly one day. Stuff like that. mix it up, not too often either.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.