Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon or delete please.

What the title says. Basically I have no life and no friends. I am on holiday at the moment, all I do is wake up at a ridiculously late time (between 12pm and 1pm), wait around for lunch, eat lunch. Then I spend the day playing on computer games, the internet, moping around the house. I eat tea and then mess around on the internet until bedtime. It's raining at the moment, which doesn't help matters. Every weekend and holiday for over a year, I have spent like this. I don't know what to do with my life, I feel like a waste of space.

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I'm in a similar situation at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Get a job? Go for a walk? Visit family? Get a hobby?

ReputationRep:
    Same, well at the moment. I've been on TSR all day :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Go to some kind of activity. Meet people with similar interests. If you don't know what your interests are, find out. If you don't have interests just try and meet people with whom you can have a laugh.

If you have people who care about you they will start pestering you to go out. Tell someone in real life how you feel and stop moping on the internet. Get your arse into gear and do something - I can guarantee you will feel much better.
    I've been in a similar situation myself.

ReputationRep:
    Are you at school/college/uni? Are there any people you enjoy the company of there?

ReputationRep:
    Gutted.

ReputationRep:
    lol u sound like me

(Original post by RaisinPilot)
    Are you at school/college/uni? Are there any people you enjoy the company of there?
    I was bullied about a year ago, they spread rumours around the whole year and I was hated by everyone after that. I didn't even do anything wrong, it just happened randomly. Since then I have had no friends.

ReputationRep:
    You're certainly not the only one. Dead cert.

Try your best to get a job (if you haven't already). Your chances of success are unlikely.

Join a club of some sort or do a little bit of voluntary work.

To be honest helping out at a charity which provides a free meal for homeless people every two weeks is all I'm doing at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANAH)
    Gutted.
    N00000b

(Original post by Joseph90)
    Try your best to get a job (if you haven't already). Your chances of success are unlikely.
    When my chances of success are unlikely, what is the point of getting a job?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh that sounds just like my holiday, but that's more out of laziness than not having friends.

I think a job is a good idea, as you can interact with people AND make some money which you could put towards going out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imok07)
    N00000b

You're cool.

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you go to summer schemes help out or volunteer ?!

ReputationRep:
    just work for evry hour u wud spend on the internet, get loaded and go travelling by yourself. chuck yourself in the deepend. you would have built confidence from working and travelling and would have an aim and therefore feel not useless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)

To be honest helping out at a charity which provides a free meal for homeless people every two weeks is all I'm doing at the moment.
    check this guy out ladies, hes sensitive and caring! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Life's What You Make It!

ReputationRep:
    find someone you are friends with, go to the pub, spent all your money there, get a job, when payday comes, repeat..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    When my chances of success are unlikely, what is the point of getting a job?
    Unlikely but not impossible. :yes:

It's always worth trying.

Seeing no point in trying is self-defeatist and will worsen your situation.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.